• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bamboo perch

Rei.dot

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rei cooper
8E09651E-7D3F-41B1-91CF-0CA0FAFA13AA.jpeg
Normally I don’t let her get close to the plants ( I did look up which of my plants weren’t bird safe and moved them) but this morning she was feeling especially zoomy and plopped herself right on the bamboo stalks

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Just so you know, lucky bamboo, Dracaena sanderiana, is not real bamboo. It is toxic to dogs and cats, but I am unsure if it is toxic to parrots.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Last edited:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would be very careful & consider... As this is a plant that is debated as to what portions are good & bad. You must search for bamboo on page or read a ton.

Is It Safe For Parrots? Wood, Food, Plants, Nuts, Household Items

This page says no way, keep baby away...

Is lucky bamboo toxic to parrots? : parrots

It belongs to the lily plant.

Care, Growth, and Meaning of Lucky Bamboo | Dengarden

I'm mentioning this because like you I thought bamboo good. However, being a member of lily family I choose to keep Buddy away.

:gbh:

Rei.dot

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rei cooper
Thankyou everyone for the comments , I had read before that lucky bamboo was non toxic but since it’s up for debate I much rather just not let her near it . Thankfully I didn’t let her chew on it pretty much just perched and picture .

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thankyou everyone for the comments , I had read before that lucky bamboo was non toxic but since it’s up for debate I much rather just not let her near it . Thankfully I didn’t let her chew on it pretty much just perched and picture .

Your picture was nice, they grip this plamt well (all of them light enough) for the plant. It's really a shame. Maybe a ponytail palm or umbrella plant or another tree like item would be a better investment.