• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video baby tiel

Tara81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
Here is my baby tiel 2 months old tomorrow. I had her for 1 week now. She came from a breeder hand fed. Her name is Alsing.

I want her to like me and enjoy touching if possible, so she can be harness trained.

From the video does it seem like she likes me or still just getting used to me?

Also, should I be touching her neck and head or not? She seems to not be keen on it but not hate it?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats. She is very cute. Seems to me that she is very comfortable with you and her new environment. You've only had her for a week. Don't force her to accept or do anything she doesn't want to do. Looks to me that she is doing just fine and it does seem that she is OK with you touching her head & neck.

Tara81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
Thanks sometimes she moves away and other times she nibbles on me while i touch her. I want her to be used to touching . Any tips on how to keep her tame would be useful :D

blewin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ben
Thanks sometimes she moves away and other times she nibbles on me while i touch her. I want her to be used to touching . Any tips on how to keep her tame would be useful :D
Just interact with her on her terms. If she wants scritches, give, if she doesn't, don't. Same with everything else. Also, keep training sessions (stepping up, etc.) short...5 minutes, not much more.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
She's adorable! She seems very comfortable with you and her environment, and as time goes by she'll get even more comfortable. I always have to get my tiels in the mood for scratches. If the are too busy, I know it won't work, and I always have to talk sweetly to them for a minute or two before I can scratch them. One of them only likes them if he is on my lap or chest, another likes them best when she's on my arm. You're off to a great start, and things will get even easier as you get to know each other.