• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Sun Conure behavior and health

Dochi

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi, so I recently just got a baby sun conure who is 3 months old. He’s been fully weaned. His name is Dochi. He’s been doing a lot of wing twitches/flicks and chirps. I’m not sure what it means I’ve googled it and they’re saying it’s mating behavior but he’s only 3 months old so... I don’t think it is? He’s a very sweet and gentle baby. He will walk towards my fingers and twitch his wings and do a little chirp and to me I think he’s begging for scratches or attention. I’m just confused because what I’ve read on this behavior. Also, he breaths really hard with his beak open after flying like he’s tired. I’m taking him to the vet tomorrow. The breeder had him on an all sunflower seed diet and so he could be overweight/not use to flying/or has a serious health issues. I hope he is ok. I’ve been reading a lot of threads on here and learned they hide their illness really well and it could be very serious so I’m scared AF. I only had him for 2 days and adore him so much. Also the first day I could hear a little wheezing when he breaths normally. But today I didn’t hear it.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the Avenue :)

Given that he is so young, I wonder if he could be begging to be fed? A video could help members indentify the behaviour.

Either way a vet visit is always required for new birds anyway.

In the meantime, soak some pellets in warm water, or mash some cooked warm sweet potatoes, and offer them on a spoon for your little one.

Dochi

Checking out the neighborhood
Welcome to the Avenue :)

Given that he is so young, I wonder if he could be begging to be fed? A video could help members indentify the behaviour.

Either way a vet visit is always required for new birds anyway.

In the meantime, soak some pellets in warm water, or mash some cooked warm sweet potatoes, and offer them on a spoon for your little one.
Here’s a video:

Last edited: