• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Avocado oil in hair products

Frogpasta

Meeting neighbors
Hello everyone!

What are your opinions on hair products (to be specific shampoo and conditioner) that contain avocado oil?

i’ve avoided them up until this point, but i guess i started to question if my hesitance was necessary…
like obviously avoid leave in products that contain it, because it would still be in your hair, but if the product is washed out does it still pose a threat to birds?

i’ve seen some other posts about this, but they mostly talk about leave in hair oil, not shampoo and conditioner. apologies if this has already been discussed and i missed it!!

thank you! :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I think they would be ok as they should be washed out completely with lots of water, but personally with so many options on the market, I would buy some other hair products. Unless you have some sort of problem and this is all you are able to use?

Frogpasta

Meeting neighbors
I think they would be ok as they should be washed out completely with lots of water, but personally with so many options on the market, I would buy some other hair products. Unless you have some sort of problem and this is all you are able to use?
yeah i’ve been avoiding it this far, but whenever i find a good, minimal ingredient product for curly hair, it almost ALWAYS has avocado oil. i guess it’s a good ingredient for curls?
but yeah since i got my birdie, my hair has been a bit flat and lifeless, so i’d love some curl products but at the end of the day his health is more important to me that my hair <333

strawbrry

Meeting neighbors
I’ve been wondering this too! I have curly hair as well and I’m super cautious about what creams & leave in conditioners I put in my hair. A few of my products have avocado oil in it, but I’m guessing it’s super diluted with water + additional products? Either way I try not to leave my bird in my hair because I don’t want her to get hormonal.