• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Avian Web EZ Harness?

PrettyBirdy

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Hello!

I am finally going to get a harness for my Canary Winged (Bebe) Parakeet, Sam. I have my Goffin harness trained with an Aviator Harness and it is just the best thing in the world!

I know that aviators are well respected, but the idea of the EZ harness is quite intriguing to him. Aviator harnesses for itty bitty birds like Bebes can be bulky, since the strap width doesn't change, and the EZ harness seems like it would be easier to train him to wear as well as a better fit? I wouldn't use it for a larger bird, since they may be able to unbuckle it, but I don't have this concern for Sam.

Does anyone have any experience? Opinions or suggestions?

Here's a link to the harness: Amazon.com : Avianweb EZ Rider Bird Harness with 8 Ft Leash (Cockatiel) : Pet Supplies

Thanks in advance!

Ryan.

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
That leather looks to be a little stiff don't you think? If made of suede maybe.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
That leather looks to be a little stiff don't you think? If made of suede maybe.
"The heavy-duty faux leather vest is made out of PVC-free Polyurethane and a comfortable Cotton Fleece backing. Unlike nearly all faux leathers, this material breathes just like genuine leather; it feels like leather, and is easy to maintain (simply wipe to clean)"

I wish I had experience with it... but I've seen several birds on Instagram that have been using it and seem to enjoy it.

They've got birds as small as Lovebirds, Green Cheeks, and Tiels modelling them.

Last edited:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
This is the harness I've used on Jasper (GW female) for several months now.
https://www.amazon.com/Avianweb-RID...efix=bird+harness,pets,204&sr=1-3-spons&psc=1

I've found that it is much easier to put it on her and take it off. She is a terrible chewer and if left alone she will chew the buckle up until it can't be used and has damaged the webbing that goes over her shoulders - but that's just her. It stays on while I fly her on a line and has never made me feel uncomfortable about it coming off. I like the longer elastic part of the line, because it is longer and lets her down easier at the end of her flight.

PrettyBirdy

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Thank you all for the input! I'm definitely ordering one.

greytlove

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
I'd love to hear how it works out for you! :) Post pics once you've gotten them acclimated to it!

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle

Caique_n_Crafts

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Melissa Davis
I'm saying I'm not sure if she'd have been able to breathe in hers. It was THAT tight.
U can msg the girl on fb n she send u a new one that I'm sure will fit better because now u faster the behind leg bit yourself so that you can fit it to your own bird

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
U can msg the girl on fb n she send u a new one that I'm sure will fit better because now u faster the behind leg bit yourself so that you can fit it to your own bird
Unfortunately, my bird has passed