• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Avian Organics Day of Hits

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Finally got around to making the Banana bird bread I got from the RLS sale from @Danita. Everyone loves it! Slade has ALWAYS snubbed Harrison's Birdie Bread, he's the only one, but he went to town on this! I also tried the Freeze Dried Mango Veggie Chop and everyone loves it! It's not common for all three to go to town on chop as soon as I put it in, but they did! I'm excited to try the multitude of other stuff I got even more now :D

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Awesome! I need to make up my AO bird bread too this week!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I'll have to try that.. would be easier than trying to make my own! Tonight I was making a veggie chop with my small food processor. I did a bunch of kale with parsley and then started adding in some chopped jalapenos, small orange sweet peppers, serrano peppers, carrots, mango... ok... just some mango.. it was ripe and got gooey quick. I decided to call it quits and store the chopped goods in a container to finish up adding stuff tomorrow... plus I need to buy some quinoa to cook for it. MY FINGERS ARE ON FIRE from the peppers. No matter how many times I wash them they're still burning. Next time... gloves!

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
I'll have to try that.. would be easier than trying to make my own! Tonight I was making a veggie chop with my small food processor. I did a bunch of kale with parsley and then started adding in some chopped jalapenos, small orange sweet peppers, serrano peppers, carrots, mango... ok... just some mango.. it was ripe and got gooey quick. I decided to call it quits and store the chopped goods in a container to finish up adding stuff tomorrow... plus I need to buy some quinoa to cook for it. MY FINGERS ARE ON FIRE from the peppers. No matter how many times I wash them they're still burning. Next time... gloves!
I wish I could get Ollie and Slade to eat fresh chop. They both will look at it and maybe lick it then walk away. Diggle loves it, but his breeder had him on chop from day one of eating on his own. Freeze dried has definitely been the solution that works for all 3 of them. I don't even dampen it, I just put it in as is and they go to town. Slade is the more picky one when it comes to FD, mostly about the size and color.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I wish I could get Ollie and Slade to eat fresh chop. They both will look at it and maybe lick it then walk away. Diggle loves it, but his breeder had him on chop from day one of eating on his own. Freeze dried has definitely been the solution that works for all 3 of them. I don't even dampen it, I just put it in as is and they go to town. Slade is the more picky one when it comes to FD, mostly about the size and color.
I went today and got my other ingredients including some snow peas to add in... and my quinoa. It's a hit and miss but once you find a flavor they like it's easier to hide extra goodies in it without them really knowing.