• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

At my breaking point....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Hope you are able to deal with the stress and things get back to normal sooner rather than later.

Wayne
Thank you I hope I can too

sodakat

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
Before the thread is closed I have one more suggestion that might be helpful when trying to corral a flighted bird.

Some of my birds will recall and some won't, depending on what is going on. Also some cannot fly so recall from up high is impossible for them. I'm talking about the rafters in my outside aviary right now. They have to climb down if they cannot fly.

Well, when I want to take them inside I needed a way to get them quickly. So I created a step up stick with an extension. I prefer to use folded rope perches to transport my birds (when not using my hands) so all of mine are trained to step onto a rope perch. This way anyone can get a step up from any of them in an emergency.

I found a 4' long dowel/closet rod then taped the capped ends of a rope perch to one end of the dowel with duct tape. The rope perch formed a ring on the end of the dowel.

I can reach most of the high areas in the aviary with this device and when I present the rope in front of the bird and ask for a step up from below, they just step on. Most of them ride it all the way back through the sliding glass door and even into their cages. Some I transfer onto my hand.

I now use that thing even inside. It is sooooo handy. Often a bird will step onto the rope when they have no interest in stepping onto my hand.

danadear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
. If you read closely you will see the passive aggressive nature in her tone and demeanor. I simply responded.

Regards
Come on Wayne. Pot. Kettle. Black.

:D

Although..I think much of what you say has merit.

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Mods please close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.