• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Annoyed with Rainbow Landing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Well I got a response from Gary of Rainbow Landing:

Hi;

Sorry about your shipment, we tracked that package and it was shipped.
Why you didn't receive it is a mystery, however we are sending you another 1lb today, 1-19-2010
Let us know if there are any further problems.

-Rainbowlanding

So weird. Not sure if they were able to get more info out of the usps but I called them and they had nothing other than the electronic info that was transmitted.
good to hear you got a reply from them and they are replacing the missing order :)

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
I know! Thanks Tamara :D I can't wait to get everything. I like UPS ground so much better than the usps :) I can actually see progress on the tracking. hehe!

PerfectlyParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
Haley unfortunately until the post office actually knows where it is and it gets scanned in then no one knows where it is lol. I think it was very kind of them to replace your order without making you wait any longer, I have dealt with companies that would not have done that.

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
It was very nice of them to replace it and I do hope something eventually reaches me from them. Thanks for laughing at my stupidity and situation though! Awesome!

ThatDarnBird

Haley, I'm so glad they're going to make it right for you. The company that lost my order wanted to charge me again to send a replacement.

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
Thanks for laughing at my stupidity and situation though! Awesome!
Haley, I was not laughing at your "stupidity" which you are not stupid, or your situation. I suppose the LOL was not a good call, but I have always found it amazing the post office has a hard time tracking their own packages. I was simply trying to convey that the company has no way of knowing if the post office can't even find it. I have had about 6 hours of sleep in the last 2 days and I am sorry if I came across as offensive, it certainly was not my intent.

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
...until the post office actually knows where it is and it gets scanned in then no one knows where it is...
So true, which is why as a vendor, if you are using USPS, you MUST be certain to print your scan form and have it scanned. My carrier picks up packages everyday, they are in a single location with the scan form. If you take your packages to the post office, you need to provide the scan form and again make sure they scan it, which puts the package into the system. I also print my labels from USPS.com and click the box "Get track and confirm information via email". For every package I ship, I receive several emails telling me where it is, when it has arrived in the destination city, sorted and out for delivery.

I have had very few problems and not anywhere near the damage I was getting when I shipped exclusively with UPS. I swear they run over the box once or twice before they deliver it! LOL! Not just me either... I use 3 different Distributors that all ship via UPS, frequently my orders arrive with damaged merchandise. Thus, most of my packages go USPS, in most cases it is less expensive and I have yet to have merchandise arrive damaged.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
What I am going to post does not reflect on this company you are talking about but what happened with me. Here is what happened with one of my scenarios... I had a contest drawing and the 2nd place winner won a Toy Parts kit which would have valued over $15. worth well I ship it out which was through UPS, the person who won it knew it was suppose to arrive to them on a particular day... well it did arrive to the neighbor who was in the process of moving out. So the gal went over to the people and they denied they received it. The whole thing was my fault because when I did the label I type the house address number wrong on the label. As a rule I copy and paste address in for labels but this time I didn't. It was my fault and not the customer and I knew there was no way UPS would or could do anything about it, so I sent her out another one... so my give-away cost me double not only in toy parts but in shipping costs. I doubt very seriously if the other people who ended with with the toy parts had birds but why they denied having them, I have no idea.

So depending if Rainbow Landing typed in the address correctly and someone else got it or if it did in fact get lost. Have you phoned them or emailed?

Last edited:

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy

So true, which is why as a vendor, if you are using USPS, you MUST be certain to print your scan form and have it scanned. My carrier picks up packages everyday, they are in a single location with the scan form. If you take your packages to the post office, you need to provide the scan form and again make sure they scan it, which puts the package into the system. I also print my labels from USPS.com and click the box "Get track and confirm information via email". For every package I ship, I receive several emails telling me where it is, when it has arrived in the destination city, sorted and out for delivery.

I have had very few problems and not anywhere near the damage I was getting when I shipped exclusively with UPS. I swear they run over the box once or twice before they deliver it! LOL! Not just me either... I use 3 different Distributors that all ship via UPS, frequently my orders arrive with damaged merchandise. Thus, most of my packages go USPS, in most cases it is less expensive and I have yet to have merchandise arrive damaged.
I have noticed a difference in UPS from when we have our regular driver also. I NEVER get anything damaged when its him. When E's new cage came in the boxes were in horrid condition. I was very angry because I had my son come home from school to help the guy carry everything. My regular guy always brings it to my porch no matter how heavy so I wanted him to have help. It was a different driver and this guy left EVERYTHING, including the 115 lb box with the cage in it in my driveway, in a foot of snow, he didn't carry a single package to the porch! Good and bad to both I guess.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
ours seems to be backwards At least our UPS drivers CAN READ - I have a big sign on my front door written on white paper in black permanent marker it says USE OTHER DOOR -----> (yep even the arrow pointing to the direction of the door to use)

UPS does so every time no problems

POST OFFICE is a freaking joke They've delivered 2 packages in a weeks time ONE being from Drs Foster and smith and it stated right on the label LEAVE AT SIDE DOOR (which is where the arrow on the sign that says USE OTHER DOOR leads to) the other from my mom NEITHER one CHEAP! my mom sent my daughter a expensive purse

when they left it on the front porch for the 2nd time I called. I was told "well when I deliver mail(don't know if it was my normal mail man or not) I put the mail in the box and drop any packages at the front door and either knock or if there's a door bell I ring it

i politely asked EVEN when there is a sign stating not to use the door and the package you are delivering says to use a different door?

he said yes. I said well you can knock on that door until your blue in the face and your knuckles are covered in blood, I WONT EVER HEAR YOU!, that is my birds room I can't hear anything from the other side of my house because unless its after 9 pm they're being noisy I can't even hear when I am IN THAT ROOM and have some one standing beside me talking!

All i wanted them to do was Put a note in my mail box or ON the side door stating their is a package on the front porch SINCE i don't use that door and it faces the road I don't know it until I leave and I barely leave my house So the crap get very easily be stolen

my options were to either suck it up and continue leaving packages on the front porch w/out my knowledge OR they'll start leaving a slip in the mail box for me to go pick it up at the post office - I got stuck with Option 2 Good thing I don't get many packages my ole' man would throw a fit if he had to go to the post office all the time Its at the other end of town for crying out loud

but Before I hung up I did tell the mail man - "well at least the incompetent pizza delivery drivers can follow simple directions and use MY SIDE DOOR"

they may not get the right house 1st time around, they may not even get the order correct BUT THEY USE THE CORRECT DOOR! lol

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
You tell um Kelli! I am also stuck with option 2, like you I have signs that no one pays attention to (FedEx the worst), but the postperson never could decide where they wanted to leave it. I looked for a package for two weeks one time and it was in a corner, behind a door, in my garage!

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann
I recently shipped a package USPS from California and it took 5 days to reach Texas. It was Priority Mail and was shipped on Monday and delivered on Friday, go figure.
I have also had UPS deliver my packages to the next street over. Fortunatly the home owner called me and I went and got them. Several streets in each direction of my home all have the same street numbers. Why on earth someone would do this is beyond me.

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
Got the nectar finally, I had to contact the person again to find out how it was shipped and if there was a tracking number but he gave it to me thankfully. I asked what to do if the other package ever shows and no answer. If it does show up what is suppossed to be done?

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
Most places that deal with bird supplies, don't accept returns. If they didn't bother to answer you, then just keep it. My hunch is that you don't have to worry about that original package showing up.

ThatDarnBird

Got the nectar finally, I had to contact the person again to find out how it was shipped and if there was a tracking number but he gave it to me thankfully. I asked what to do if the other package ever shows and no answer. If it does show up what is suppossed to be done?
Unless they tell you otherwise I would mark it "return to sender" and send it back unopened. If they've already replaced the product then the original belongs to them. Probably you won't have to do this though, my Priority mail package that was lost in the middle of December didn't ever show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.