• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Annoyed with Rainbow Landing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
I normally order Noodles food through them and tried to do so again and thought all was well but I realized it is now the 18th and they sent me a priority USPS message on the 10th. 2-3 days has become 8 and although I am not out yet I am running low and all it says is this:
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 10, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

So without it having been updated in all that time I am a little nervous. I sent an email this morning and sent an order for some Goldenfeast Pollen Rich nectar from TLA just to cover my little Noodles bum.

I really am disappointed in the service from Rainbow Landing right now and unless it is the USPS fault I don't think I will ever order from them again. Such a shame too because Noodle really liked the food.

<3 I adore TLA though and I haven't even gotten my first order yet. Tamara has the most amazing customer service. I think from now on I will go there first especially if Noodle takes to the Goldenfeast as well as she did the Rainbow Landing.

avianantics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
The message you received is the message that the shipper receives from USPS when a label has been printed for a package. Unfortunately, many postal carriers don't scan the packages when they are picked up or dropped off, and the package may get all the way to you with no scanning and thus no tracking, until it has been delivered.

I would give Rainbow Landing the benefit of the doubt. It appears that they mailed your package and that the package has been lost in the USPS shuffle. USPS does state that delivery time for Priority Mail is 2-3 days, however, it frequently takes 3-5 days, (note that 'days' are business days), and over the Holidays it was taking 10 to 15 days for some Priority Mail packages to reach their destination.

Before you judge them, contact them ask them to contact USPS for the status of your package. Once a package is shipped there is really nothing the vendor can do, it is out of their hands. After 30 days, I think it is, you can file a claim, in the meantime there is an email address on the USPS site that I have had good results with. Amazingly everytime I have emailed complaining about a package that hasn't shown up at its destination within the usual time frame, the package generally arrives within a day! :)

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Thanks Shelly for a great explanation.

It's frustrating, but once shipped, it is on the Post Office, not the shipper

Remember also, that today is a Postal Holiday here.

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
I placed my order on the 7th, they sent me confirmation that it was being shipped on the 9th.
Shipping details
Mailing date: Jan 9, 2010
Shipper: U.S. Postal Service
Service type: Priority Mail® (2-3 days)
Shipping Status: Shipped

I am unsure why the delay or why the dates don't match with the email from the company and the post office. I imagine the weekend is why but still, very odd. I hope the company will return my email and let me know it did in fact ship.

I have never had this long a delay before from usps or Rainbow Landing.

Last edited:

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
I understand. It sucks to pay for 2-3 days shipping and then that doesn't happen, it stinks for the Vendor as well. If you ship off a replacement package, and the original package gets delivered (which is almost always the case), any claim you may have filed for reimbursement, becomes void. If you don't replace the 'lost' shipment, you risk losing a customer. It is hard to know how to handle a situation such as yours.

ThatDarnBird

I had a company that printed out a label and then didn't ship for a week. I was frantic thinking it had been lost. Then I recently had on that actually was lost. The company needs to get back to you about what is going on.

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
I had a company that printed out a label and then didn't ship for a week. I was frantic thinking it had been lost. Then I recently had on that actually was lost. The company needs to get back to you about what is going on.
Technically the Post Office isn't supposed to allow that to happen. Your labels are supposed to be printed with mailing date, if the date is incorrect, the Post Office should kick the package back to the shipper.

I have had a couple of occasions when the carrier didn't stop and pick up packages. When this has happend, I have had to call the post office to insure that they wouldn't kick the packages back the following day.

ThatDarnBird

Technically the Post Office isn't supposed to allow that to happen. Your labels are supposed to be printed with mailing date, if the date is incorrect, the Post Office should kick the package back to the shipper.

I have had a couple of occasions when the carrier didn't stop and pick up packages. When this has happend, I have had to call the post office to insure that they wouldn't kick the packages back the following day.
I didn't realize the PO would do that. The company that held on to my package after printing the label (and charging my credit card) shipped FedEx. The package that was dropped down a black hole (and never found) was USPS Priority.

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
Haley, Shelly is right which is why a lot of businesses will not ship through USPS. Even their actual "tracking" leaves much to be desired and it takes so long to get any results since you have to wait so long before they will consider it "lost"! If your label was printed late in the day that may be the discrepancy between the 9th and the 10th. It is very unfortunate and very frustrating I know but please don't blame the company just yet. If you have had good experiences with them in the past then this just may be one of those times that it all goes wrong, and those happen to all of us. Give them the opportunity to help you first.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Like others have said, they might have just created the shipping label but then haven't shipped it out yet or there might have just been a delay.

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
I am just really worried they sent the shipping info to the post office and then never actually shipped the product. Still no word from them but maybe they have no one in the office today handling things.

I guess I won't pay extra for priority mail anymore, I have never had something go missing like this even shipping around the holidays.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I have had a package go missing before - never showed up, but it was lost at the PO, not the shippers fault.

Things happen, we're all human. I don't know when you emailed them, but I generally give a business a good 48 hours to respond to an email before I begin to worry. Is there a phone # on their site where you could call them perhaps?

ThatDarnBird

I am just really worried they sent the shipping info to the post office and then never actually shipped the product. Still no word from them but maybe they have no one in the office today handling things.

I guess I won't pay extra for priority mail anymore, I have never had something go missing like this even shipping around the holidays.
They're in CA and it's just now 10:00 AM here so it's still pretty early in the day yet. I hope they get back to you soon so you know what's going on.

Last edited:

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
I was just going to say Renee to remember the time differences lol. It also may be that they are contacting the post office before they get back to you so they will have more information and Lord knows THAT can be a lengthy phone call!

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
... but maybe they have no one in the office today handling things.
LOL! If they even have an office. Remember many of us are one or two person shows. I have an office, but if I am making toys, I am not in it.... :). I do pick up the phone in the shop, if I hear it, but if I am running equipment and the dust collector, I can't hear anything. Thus, customers have to leave a message, and I generally come in around now (4pm or so) and return calls & answer emails.

Also remember that for many people today is a holiday AND a 3 day weekend.

It is probably just a USPS problem. It happens, not often, but it does definitely happen.

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
They are actually owned by Berwick Productions:
About Us

They produce the bird show at the Wild Animal Park in San Diego as well as lorikeet exhibits in some areas.

I've only had one problem with them and it was a few years ago. They are in Escondido, California and at that time their shipping got delayed because of fires at the time. Sunni was always pretty prompt to reply to messages though.

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
Well I got a response from Gary of Rainbow Landing:

Hi;

Sorry about your shipment, we tracked that package and it was shipped.
Why you didn't receive it is a mystery, however we are sending you another 1lb today, 1-19-2010
Let us know if there are any further problems.

-Rainbowlanding

So weird. Not sure if they were able to get more info out of the usps but I called them and they had nothing other than the electronic info that was transmitted.

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
Hey Haley! Your order from us shipped Monday! I'm glad to be able to take good care of you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.