• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Advice needed

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
As advised by experienced friends of the forum, I was searching a good cage for my OWA (previously I found one, but people said it's not up to the mark)... Recently, my pet store informed me there's a new type of cage, according to them it's non toxic material. I am showing you the photo, it's a small one... Can I order a bigger cage (3'× 2'× 4) of same material? It's fitting in my budget also. Please advise.

Attachments

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Is OWA orange winged amazon? I'm glad you know that's much too small. Can you not find a normal powdercoated cage? I could help look depending on where you're located.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am in India. What about this material? It's not powder coated?

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
Is that electro coated? I can't really tell from the photo. If so, I'd think an Amazon could chew that off right away.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is that electro coated? I can't really tell from the photo. If so, I'd think an Amazon could chew that off right away.
What is electro coating? They said it's powder coated.

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
Ah, powder coated is good :) I'm not sure how to define electro coating, but I think those standard white/black 30x18x18 breeder type cages are an example. It's a thin metal coating of some sort that they've fused over some cheaper metal for the bars. It is easily chipped off in my experience. Here is a link, they refer to it as electro-plating.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Plz post the link again.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Have a look at this information on wingspan information: Wingspan Info | Natural Inspirations Parrot cages

For an OWA, the minimum cage size should be 40x30". 3x2' would only be 36x24" - too small for the bird to stretch his wings out comfortably. If the bird spends a lot of time in the cage, then it should be larger.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Have a look at this information on wingspan information: Wingspan Info | Natural Inspirations Parrot cages

For an OWA, the minimum cage size should be 40x30". 3x2' would only be 36x24" - too small for the bird to stretch his wings out comfortably. If the bird spends a lot of time in the cage, then it should be larger.
Ok... I'll keep that in mind when ordering