• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A post for Isadora and her shenanigans

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
She's adorable :xflove: I love a wet chicken and especially wet chicken tail wags! Have you ever tried throwing her in the bath? My Zaners use to love that. He even liked it when I let the water fill up to cover his naked legs :laugh:

Xoetix

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
She's adorable :xflove: I love a wet chicken and especially wet chicken tail wags! Have you ever tried throwing her in the bath? My Zaners use to love that. He even liked it when I let the water fill up to cover his naked legs :laugh:
I've tried the tub a couple times - She's 100% against it.

I shouldn't have started that video while in the room with her :laughin: she got so excited hearing the water that she put her wings out and fluffed out waiting for the water hahaha

Maybe I'll have to try the tub again, that was wholly unexpected :roflmao:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wet Chicken Wednesday!

I freaking love watching her showering! I was absolutely delighted by the first video of yours I watched of her doing that last night and now I can look forward to this after work :heart:

Xoetix

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I freaking love watching her showering! I was absolutely delighted by the first video of yours I watched of her doing that last night and now I can look forward to this after work :heart:
I love how excited she gets over baths haha

Especially when she's decided she's not done and starts throwing water from her bowl around :rofl:

She's gotten a weird following - someone even recognized her on Reddit, from having watched her videos on YouTube, which blew my mind :roflmao:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Especially when she's decided she's not done and starts throwing water from her bowl around :rofl:

She's gotten a weird following - someone even recognized her on Reddit, from having watched her videos on YouTube, which blew my mind :roflmao:
It's just so heart warming,I was smiling the whole time I was watching that other video

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Anytime you wanna facetime the angry seagull you justet me know :rofl:
Ha you mean I could have my own private righteous Too of power screaming session lol. I cracked up so hard with her hanging off the side of the cage flipping her crest and screaming it was oddly magnificent

Xoetix

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Ha you mean I could have my own private righteous Too of power screaming session lol. I cracked up so hard with her hanging off the side of the cage flipping her crest and screaming it was oddly magnificent
That's her favorite form of entertainment :roflmao:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

I finally had time to watch and that was yet another delightful vid. I could watch yall hamming it up together all day. The way you talk to her seriously makes me laugh in the best yall. Together yall are one heck of a wonderful comedy act :heart: . I think my favorite parts were when she started splashing her in water bowl while still being sprayed :laughin:

Xoetix

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I finally had time to watch and that was yet another delightful vid. I could watch yall hamming it up together all day. The way you talk to her seriously makes me laugh in the best yall. Together yall are one heck of a wonderful comedy act :heart: . I think my favorite parts were when she started splashing her in water bowl while still being sprayed :laughin:
We're like that all day :roflmao: I definitely talk to her like she's a person, and occasionally she'll squabble back and we have an "argument". She's very sassy :lol:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We're like that all day :roflmao: I definitely talk to her like she's a person, and occasionally she'll squabble back and we have an "argument". She's very sassy :lol:
She's just the cutest! I can't get enough of her,Toos are just so expressive.

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Haha sounds like Dolly with the cocky too attitude.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Wet Chicken Wednesday!

I so love how she struts about with her wings up! The butt wiggles when they are happy are one of my all time favourite bird moves :heart:

The shivering is totally normal and it will happen in any temp if the bird is wet, even happens on 47C days if they bathe! It is part of how they dry their feathers I believe.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I'm so thankful she's so good at putting on and taking off the harness, but I can't seem to get her to stop chewing on it :mad:

I noticed the more I worried about Burt fiddling with the harness the more he did it. Something to chew instead of the harness can be helpful. I think it must feel strange to them, the more Burt wore his the less he seemed to feel the need to fuss with it.

Xoetix

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I so love how she struts about with her wings up! The butt wiggles when they are happy are one of my all time favourite bird moves :heart:

The shivering is totally normal and it will happen in any temp if the bird is wet, even happens on 47C days if they bathe! It is part of how they dry their feathers I believe.
Half of that is for the YouTube people :roflmao: everyone is a bird expert lmao. I posted it on tiktok too and immediately had someone ask if she had a heat lamp. I'm like no my dude -I literally said it's 80F. I'm not trying to give her a heat stroke.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so thankful she's so good at putting on and taking off the harness, but I can't seem to get her to stop chewing on it :mad:

Echo what like that in the beginning of wearing a harness too. And every spring/summer the beginning of harness season it takes a little bit for him to get use to it again.

I think most birds get use to it with time. Its a pain in the beginning thou. Even now when I first put it he'll fuss with for like 5 minutes maybe? I think patience and more exposure to it are the main thing that helps. Kind of boring answer lol but that's what work with me anyway