• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Friend For Stevie

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
They are so cute together.

Stars

Strolling the yard
Beautiful. Agree about removing the tent. As well as being dangerous, it can cause them to be hormonal, which will make them aggressive.
I’m training two young ones at the same time as well and so far it’s going great!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute! (And I love Schitts Creek!)

Stevie

Strolling the yard
Beautiful. Agree about removing the tent. As well as being dangerous, it can cause them to be hormonal, which will make them aggressive.
I’m training two young ones at the same time as well and so far it’s going great!
Thanks for the tip!

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Oh my your budgies are too precious!! <3 Congratulations!

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
:cngrt5:
You’ve probably mentioned it somewhere, but are they EBs (English/show Budgies)?

Stevie

Strolling the yard
:cngrt5:
You’ve probably mentioned it somewhere, but are they EBs (English/show Budgies)?
I’m not sure…. All I was told is that the breeders that breed & show them are extremely pedantic about their colours for showing (it’s a big thing in my area apparently!) the ones they deem not good enough for showing so they sell them cheap at a local store near me. But that’s just what I’ve been told….. I don’t know anything about bird showing but obviously there are certain colour traits they need to be successful?

Stevie

Strolling the yard
I’m not sure…. All I was told is that the breeders that breed & show them are extremely pedantic about their colours for showing (it’s a big thing in my area apparently!) the ones they deem not good enough for showing so they sell them cheap at a local store near me. But that’s just what I’ve been told….. I don’t know anything about bird showing but obviously there are certain colour traits they need to be successful?
I just know they look nothing like the wild budgies that used to live near us before we moved here….

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
They look like EBs to me, but not super fluffy.
I don’t know a lot about showing, but I believe each colour has to look a certain way to be considered a good show bird.
For example my female EB wouldn’t be a great candidate for showing as she has “flecking” on her head, which are just black spots.
Like I said I don’t show I just read a lot ;)

Stevie

Strolling the yard
I don’t know a lot about showing, but I believe each colour has to look a certain way to be considered a good show bird.
For example my female EB wouldn’t be a great candidate for showing as she has
For example my female EB wouldn’t be a great candidate for showing as she has “flecking” on her head, which are just black spots.
Yep I know zero about showing budgies I think they are all beautiful!!!!! I only know what I was told from who I bought them off and it wasn’t the direct from the breeders he passes than ones he can’t use for showing to a local produce store. All I know he said people that show budgies here are VERY serious about it!!!

“flecking” on her head, which are just black spots.

Stevie

Strolling the yard
I think I have noticed the flecking you are talking about on Ronnie…it’s a around his cheeks tho…just a few scattered specks. There was a budgie in the cage with them that had a fluffy head more than the others… not sure if he was from Ronnies breeder or not…

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
I think I have noticed the flecking you are talking about on Ronnie…it’s a around his cheeks tho…just a few scattered specks. There was a budgie in the cage with them that had a fluffy head more than the others… not sure if he was from Ronnies breeder or not…
The black spot in their cheeks are throat spots.
This Emelia if you look at her head you’ll see the black spots
46492076-8E9F-4DDD-B9AB-2CDF5433AF59.jpeg