• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Young Budgie

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
My experience is that not all owners want their bird back. some would just open the cage and let them go because they don't want them anymore... Too much work, noise, trouble when you want to travel and have no one to take care of them. Happens a lot before the Summer around here :( I'd say if this bird has been in your care for 2 weeks and no one has answered your ads neither tried to put up flyers/ask on FB, then it sounds like that bird was not welcome where he comes from and is much better off with you..

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
My experience is that not all owners want their bird back. some would just open the cage and let them go because they don't want them anymore... Too much work, noise, trouble when you want to travel and have no one to take care of them. Happens a lot before the Summer around here :( I'd say if this bird has been in your care for 2 weeks and no one has answered your ads neither tried to put up flyers/ask on FB, then it sounds like that bird was not welcome where he comes from and is much better off with you..
I HATE how people just release their pets like at least drop them off at a rescue.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
What a precious budgie - I love the name Fred!

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I HATE how people just release their pets like at least drop them off at a rescue.
They'd have to pay a fee I suppose... Once I saw a budgie for sale, it was specified it had to be gone before Friday because they were leaving for the Summer... A short time after that, a budgie suspiciously resembling the one for sale was observed in a garden in that area... :shifty: