• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Yoshi seems to be in pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Thanks everyone. :hug8:
Yoshi's sleeping now. I'll give an update in the morning.

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
He's about the same this morning. He's moving more, but still gingerly and still squawking in pain sometimes. I'm going to call the vet, at least for a consult.

Pip

Jogging around the block
Poor Yoshi! Yes, definitely needs to be seen by the vet :)

Shinda had these symptoms a few years ago, was very reluctant to put his right (I think!) leg down and was clearly in pain when he did.

I took him straight to the vet as soon as I noticed this. He was x-rayed and thankfully, found not to have any broken bones but the leg and foot were hot and slightly swollen. He has toes missing and the vet said he probably fell in the cage overnight. Gave him an anti-inflammatory/pain-killing injection plus further meds and a syringe to take home, and off we went.

Within a couple of days he was using it again as normal :)

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
Glad you are going to the vet You did everything right. Let us know. Good luck.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
So sorry you don't see any improvement this morning. I agree, it's prudent to talk with your vet. :hug8:

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8:Please update us after you see the vet, healing prayers sweet Yoshi.

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
It turns out that I can't take him to the vet this weekend. I lack the transportation until Monday. :( He actually does seem to be doing a little better. He's picking things up with that leg and balancing on it and hopping around (his preferred mode of transportation). He only makes a little squawky sound when he stretches it too far. He's still eating, playing, talking basically his normal self besides being defensive of his leg.

He's been either sitting on people or his favorite spot on the top of the couch the whole day so hopefully that's a bit more comfortable. I could get someone to take us to the vet in an emergency, but for now it's a no go, unfortunately.

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Yoshi's doing quite a bit better. He's complaining less and moving around more. He was climbing his cage bars and was hanging upside without a problem. He was acting up a little this evening and being more of his hyper self. :rolleyes: He's still giving a little squawk sometimes though, so he's not 100 percent.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
Try to keep him warm and comfortable. I would try to keep him from doing "too much" so if he is hurt he can start to heal. Good luck, hope you can make it to the vet on Monday.

Cinnyluver

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
I'm glad he's doing better. I hope he gets well soon. :hug8:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Yoshi stop scaring us. Glad he is doing better. Try to keep him calm and less active.(Like that is possible with a Hahnsie). Keep us updated.

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Sounds like he is on the mend. :heart:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just cayenne and water. It helped Hiram a couple weeks ago, when he hurt his beak.Makes some on a spoon and see if he'll take a few bites.

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
It is hard to keep a Hahnsie from being hyper. xD Basically, the only thing we could do was have him sit on people all weekend so at least we could watch him.
Yoshi did quite well today. He didn't squawk in pain once and he definitely had more energy. He was still a little slower than usual, so I don't think he's leg's quite right yet. He's moving around fine, no limp or anything, just not at his usual speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.