• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yesterday was one of the hardest days at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dana Lee

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dana
I used to work as a vet tech, some of the euths are so sad like that :sadhug2:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
My hat goes off to all of you out there that do such a difficult job and help our pets to stop their suffering and pain.
Lots have had long and happy lives and we must try and hang onto the good times to be able to suffer the losing of them.
I used to hide behind my uniform whilst working with human suffering and it did help but that also got too much at times.
With our dear pets they seem to hold a special place in our hearts and that is something else. :(

Sharon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sharon
There's a place in heaven for the dog, and for people like you...:hug8:

PaulaB Elliott and fids

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Paula Brawdy
That would be tough for me too... Sorry it was so hard... you have a big heart and it takes people with big hearts to give these animals the peace they need at that point in their life...

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
:hug8::hug8:

crazyanimal

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
I would love to work with animals but I don't think I could handle those situations. RIP sweet little one.

aisia

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Teresa
As a mom of a 9yr old autistic daughter, god bless you for taking the time to explain things and answer the sisters questions. You don't know how much of a difference you made to her even if you couldn't see it.

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
:hug8:

I am thankful for people like you. You are a treasure.

Sassyjaygrl

Real Name
Jessica
My son has extreme high functioning aspergers, so I get it, 2 years after my cat I had when I was 15 and sometimes he tears up and I ask why, I miss Muffin he says.

She passed in my arms at my work, I had to help her go, she had a blood clot.

But even death can be helpful to children that was September 2 years ago, March my step-dad who was every bit a grandpa to my kids passed, and it was so much easier talking about death and loss, heaven, with both of my children having gone through it with Muffin, it doesn't make any loss feel better, but it helps to teach children to grieve and that is is ok to cry and hurt and miss someone you love.

I miss her too, every day.

Euthanasia's with little kids and and big dudes crying are always hard for me, but there was something very hard for me with a 40 something year old autistic woman who really loved her doggy and had the mind of a child that is going to stay with me forever, my boss says because I have a big heart and I have kids, plus an aspy, that I really get it, but there is something so special about people with Autism or anywhere on the spectrum, and not that we don't feel the loss, but I feel for an Autistic person to get that attached and then loose it is excuricatingly hard because attachments for them don't always come very easy.

As a mom of a 9yr old autistic daughter, god bless you for taking the time to explain things and answer the sisters questions. You don't know how much of a difference you made to her even if you couldn't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.