• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wrong sex

Asherjon

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jon Oates
i was sold a canary as a proven male singer. Turns out the canary is a female she layed three eggs for me. She broke one and layed one in her water and one in her nest. I am pissed about being sold a “proven male” singer and turns out it’s a female. I not mad at the poor thing isn’t her fault. It’s the breeders fault.

Clairecanary15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
Sadly even by the top breeders this will happen. Canaries are not easy to sex. Can you take the hen back?

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Well that is very reasonable of them. Poor hen though, I feel a bit bad for her. Like you said it isn't her fault. She is just a girl, who is happy.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Can you take the hen back?
The question is would you want to?
I got sold a dog with Dysplasia on both sides, I met with the breeder as I had a contract with him for 40% back if any medical problems. He asked me to leave my dog (who was almost 6 months old) and take the sister who was 10 weeks old ?!?!?! I almost lost my cool.

they are sending me a DNA tested boy. And told me keep the hen after I told them that would stress her out to much after laying eggs.
Great outcome :D

The breeder that sold Sydney to me at 25 days old told me he is male (no DNA test done)... to be honest I wouldn´t be surprised if Sydneys a hen...

Asherjon

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jon Oates
The question is would you want to?
I got sold a dog with Dysplasia on both sides, I met with the breeder as I had a contract with him for 40% back if any medical problems. He asked me to leave my dog (who was almost 6 months old) and take the sister who was 10 weeks old ?!?!?! I almost lost my cool.

Great outcome :D

The breeder that sold Sydney to me at 25 days old told me he is male (no DNA test done)... to be honest I wouldn´t be surprised if Sydneys a hen...
Yeah I am happy with the outcome. And she is happily sittting on her egg that she didn’t brake.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Sounds like a happy ending to me :)

Post a pic when your new feathered pal arrives :D

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Sweet :cool3:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The problem is that the breeder is Florida and I am in Texas. But called today they are sending me a DNA tested boy. And told me keep the hen after I told them that would stress her out to much after laying eggs.
Great of the breeder to be willing to do that.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Handsome guy! What type of canary is that? Red-factor? I don't know a lot about canaries.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
He´s gorgeous!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Breeder I got my two EB from sold me 2 males, as I wanted and paid for. However as Mickey matured her cere turned white. Breeder has a 90% accuracy rate on sexing budgie babies. Well he offered me a male baby and keep Murphy the male. I had them for 3 months before this happened. By that time Mickey was in my heart so I asked for a 50 percent refund and that is what happened.

Asherjon

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jon Oates
Breeder I got my two EB from sold me 2 males, as I wanted and paid for. However as Mickey matured her cere turned white. Breeder has a 90% accuracy rate on sexing budgie babies. Well he offered me a male baby and keep Murphy the male. I had them for 3 months before this happened. By that time Mickey was in my heart so I asked for a 50 percent refund and that is what happened.
That’s was a good outcome.