• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

World Parrot Trust - Save the Greys!

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah

They can't handle enforcing the laws on Appex 2 species, what makes the enforcement better at Appex 1? It's not enough for me. It's a hop skip and jump to list them ESA once on Appex 1.

A few months ago, during the petition to list the scarlet as ESA, I said mark my word, the greys are next. Here we are. It might not be your battle now but mark my word, Canada does follow suit eventually.
Canada is so different from the States thou. I have a Moluccan, a CITES 1 animal and I found nothing similar to ESA in the US. As far as I tell in can move him from province to province fairly easily. I know of a Moluccan who was shipped to Ontario from Newfoundland. Recently Macaws were ship to rescues in Ontario from the WPR in BC. I haven't heard of any one having a problem. But again your laws are so different ours. Still I feel bad about ESA is causing so many problems

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Canada is so different from the States thou. I have a Moluccan, a CITES 1 animal and I found nothing similar to ESA in the US. As far as I tell in can move him from province to province fairly easily. I know of a Moluccan who was shipped to Ontario from Newfoundland. Recently Macaws were ship to rescues in Ontario from the WPR in BC. I haven't heard of any one having a problem. But again your laws are so different ours. Still I feel bad about ESA is causing so many problems
For now we can move our birds from province to province ...but just like the reptiles there will be bans soon enough ...its just how things work ...and our laws really arent so different ..having to deal some what with this in the reptile community they may be written differently but its all the same it means that they want to monitor what we keep ..and I am personally not down for that :)

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
For now we can move our birds from province to province ...but just like the reptiles there will be bans soon enough ...its just how things work ...and our laws really arent so different ..having to deal some what with this in the reptile community they may be written differently but its all the same it means that they want to monitor what we keep ..and I am personally not down for that :)
But people are much afraid of reptiles than birds. I know some people are afraid of birds but in general they rightly or wrongly don't have the bad rap as reptiles do. People tend to ban thing they are afraid of. Like pitbulls for example. I disagree with it but thats tends to be the way it goes.

The biggest disadvantage is they're loud. The biggest thing I worry about is noise complaints. I've never had one thou despite owning one of the world's loudest birds. And I have lived next a Bed and breakfast, as well as living in an apartment. So you gotta know your noise bylaws.

I know Quakers have been ban in different places. But again that's based on fear. People worry that they will become an agriculture pest If enough get loose. i can't recall ever hearIng of a mass amounts of Quakers being put down because of this. I hope most places grandfathered them in. I'm curious to know what happend to them. I find it sad people have to give up their pets and truly feel sorry for them. I still dont see a reason to fear the government coming in and taking people's current parrots from them on a mass scale

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
In terms of moving parrots around in Canada. The biggest concern I have is if there's another bird flu outbreak. I could easily see that redistricting movement. But I see that based on a legitimate fear.