• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Will is not well

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:dance4::dance4::dance4::hug8::hug8::hug8::dance4::dance4::dance4:

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
:dance4: Yea Will. So glad to hear this news :)

Ziggymon

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
:hug8:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Sending prayers for Will:heart:. It's good his bloodwork is normal, so the vet can focus her attention on his heart. Hope he is doing better today?

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How's Will today?:hug8::hug8::hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Just seeing this. I remember when you adopted Will. So glad he seems to be improving. :hug8:

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
I had to work today but Will was probably happy to have MotherHen gone and not looking at him all the time.
He's a half step slow, and slightly low on appetite but he is very alert, vocalizing, preening, and lunging at me. Poops good too.
I wasn't entirely sure if he got his whole morning dose of meds - he is smarter than me I'm afraid.
Tonight I did pay good attention to how I had the syringe in his beak so I was glad when it worked and I knew it all went down.
I will weigh him tomorrow and I can lower the dose of one med temporarily if it seems to be impacting his appetite.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
so pleased your posts are now so positive and he is making some progress. Also, he is one lucky bird to be having you look after him.:hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
glad he is making progress:hug8:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sunday morning check in for Will...hope he is still improving. You and Heidrun sure love the old timers.:)

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So glad to read that Will is feeling a bit better!!! How is he today?

Vegemite

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lynne
Check in. Hows Will today?

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
Sorry I didn't get to post yesterday. Had to go out to work, and at home it was a day to clean 6 cages and 3 playstands. Sundays are a busy day for me.

Yesterday when I vacuumed, Will finally did take a tiny bath in his water dish. He barely splashed water around and only got his head wet, but I was so happy he even felt like that much again. He also popped a few wooden beads off a new toy I made him, where normally he'd have it half gone by the time I got home from work. But that is more than he's done in a week.
He continues to vocalize to the other birds.

His weight this morning is holding steady from when we started him on meds. He was actually a few g heavy so I think this is a fine and healthy weight to hold at. He lost about 5% body weight before we started on meds.

I have been tempting him with sunflower seeds. I think I will start cutting them down again. He is greatly enjoying birdie bread and I have to bake more today. He also has been doing better eating veggies - he eats peas nicely now, and last night TOTALLY shocked me - he was sitting on his playstand and I offered him his dinner dish before I put it in his cage. It has become something of a joke between us as he will not take food directly from me. Well, he reached out and ate 2 kernals of corn while I stood there with my jaw dropped.

So, we are getting along. I think he has a bit more life left in the old guy after all. :)
I need to call and consult with the vet today about when she wants to see him next after she hears my report.

Status
Not open for further replies.