• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wild Miami Macaws flying on my patio

Status
Not open for further replies.

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
Took some pics this AM to add to my macaw motorway thread update on the wild flock. Wanted to show off Fuzzy . You really need to click on the picture to see Fuzzy's girlfriend hanging from the palm frond to the left and notice my birds on their new cages. I just opened the doors to put them on their swinging branches to play with Fuzzy.

Attachments

ellimaye

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ellie
Beautiful birds! Are they all yours or some really a wild flock?

PerfectlyParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
Great pics Daria! I'm so jealous, its still snowing here, *sniff* *sniff*

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
The five macaws you really have trouble seeing hanging on the wire cages are my pets- 2 b&g, 2 greenwings and a hybrid. The other macaws are part of Miami's wild b&g flock consisting of 24 birds. Bill Pranty wrote an article for the Fl. Naturalist (birding mag) coming out in April (I'm 2nd author because I collected a lot of the data) which details their history (0ver30 yrs), nest site distribution, diet, etc. Check out my thread on Macaw Motorway for more info on the flock and more pictures.

ellimaye

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ellie
Daria, I went and read your other threads to learn about the wild flock. It is truly an amazing story. Have you ever seen the hawk that follows the flock around?

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
wow, beautiful pictures!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Beautiful pictures!

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
Elli- The pics were pretty much by accident because I was getting my camera for a close up of Fuzzy the saomone asked for and they all spooked because of the hawk. That hawk is a daily menace as his/her nest is across the street in the Wildlife refuge. When 30+ birders were here on the Exotic Field Trip thru the Audubon Society they got to see the hawk as well as the b&golds. We keep track of the flock and some birds have gone missing ( mostly escaped pets who aren't as wary) and we fear the hawk or possibly poaching.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
We keep track of the flock and some birds have gone missing ( mostly escaped pets who aren't as wary) and we fear the hawk or possibly poaching.
Oh gawd no :(
:sad1:

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Miami Florida? Wow I didn't know they had wild macaws there...that is awesome. I have a Florida house down there, I hope I see some!

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
Jennifer- Just send me a private message when you're coming. I've already had about 70 viistors- some as far away as Germany and lots of Canadians escaping the winter I guess.

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
Wow! They're beautiful! Although I don't know what's more amazing- the birds or the flowers in full bloom in the middle of February!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Again. What you have going there Daria is just totally awesome!!! I mean TOTALLY AWESOME!!! :hug8:

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Those are some gorgeous pics. It looks very peaceful there. I want a macaw and cockatoo so bad it’s killing me and look how many you have. Your so lucky. You have enough, why not just give one to me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.