• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who has a parrot who tends to poop in a projectile fashion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
We have lorikeets and their idea of pooing is to see how far they can decorate the room. Needless to say there is a LOT of newspaper around their cages and the sheet that covers them gets a weekly wash as do the walls that sometimes aren't covered enough!!

M&J

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
For us it is more slung fruit. But Gryphon loves to poop straight down the bars in this cage. He didn't when I had him in the bigger flight. Gryphon, Pico, and Yuna wipe their sticky beaks all over the cage though.:D

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Today as soon as I uncovered her, Rowdy shot out the morning poop bomb. It splattered over an entire square foot of floor!

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Ceddy does when she's had food with high water content. I have old sheets around her cage and playstand so pick them up when they're messy and into the washing machine they go. Not pretty but at least they protect my landlord's carpet, they don't 'fly off' when I have doors and/or windows open in summer (my windows have fly screens, blinds AND sheer curtains) and I find it easier than changing a gazillion newspapers all the time.

One thing I've yet to figure out ... I found a pretty large poop right *under* her cage not long ago ... she Never goes on the floor so I have no idea just HOW she managed to get that under there :confused::huh::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.