• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who has a parrot who tends to poop in a projectile fashion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
A few times a week I find myself looking down on the floor around Thomas's cage and seeing poop.:huh: I always find myself mumbling....wth?:tmsmakesme: and then.. :mop:

How does he manage to get his poop to land outside of his cage?:bignono:

McLaughlane

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Katie
I do! Our projectile pooper is Manfred. He has a rope perch on the outside of his cage for hanging out on, and he projectile poops from there onto the carpet, or the tile in our little entryway. (It's not as far away as it sounds, our apartment is pretty small, but still.) It's like..."how did you manage to miss the towel we stretched out down there for you?!" :lol:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Taji does if she is clinging to the front/side/back of her cage. Tookie projectile poops too, but that is typical since he is a Lorikeet.

Sharon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sharon
Levi does that sometimes. He loves to hang upside down on the cage bars, and then he " squirts" it outside the cage. Linnies have big messy poops so it is quite messy!

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
my scarlet macaw skittles is a 'master poo shooter. he doesnt poo in his cage, so when he was locked up he would aim between the bars and let it fly! he still shoots poo, but he actually aims for his papers under his fav poo spot.

my second best poo shooter is twiggy, my quaker. she will poo in the cage but on occasion for reasons known only to her, she will shoot poo outside the cage.

last is ollie, my zon. he only shoots poo to be ornery. most of the time its just a let it go kinda thing for him. but occasionally he sees something that for some reason, gets his attention and he will poo at it.... like skittles, his aim is darn good!
:eek:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It rarely happens here, but when it does, it's either Zoe or Jewel. Interestingly, my wee boys are all very neat and tidy :)

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I call Rowdy "machine gun pooper". She can shoot it up to 4 feet. I have to keep a big sheet thing under her cage for the floor. I also spend more than half an hour on her cage just doing the daily cleaning because it is all over the bars. TBH about the only one that is in the tray each day is the giant morning poop. The rest is pretty much all over the front of the cage. I'm glad she's not a bigger bird.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Samantha is the resident non cage pooper...she DOES not poop in her cage, period..ever...She puts her little butt up to the corner and will poop outwards so it lands on the floor, which has newspapers down on it because of this very reason...Princess Mitch also has a tendency to come lumbering out of her cage, stand on the edge and let loose a huge ole hen poop...so we have newspapers down under the cages..not a very good look, but better than having to clean the floors all the time.

lzver

Real Name
Laura
Can't help you there Saemma ... All three of my poi's have never done that.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
There was a post on another forum where the person asked, "Oh, come on, how messy can one little conure be?" I said mine shoots probably 30 poops a day all over everything, can throw food up to 6 feet...uh, really, really messy! I've been hit in the face and hair by chewed up gooey chunks of fruit, have been hit with countless pellets, spend my life scrubbing poop off the cage bars, floor and wall, and she once covered the cat in pellets while she was asleep on the couch.

tozie12

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
There was a post on another forum where the person asked, "Oh, come on, how messy can one little conure be?" I said mine shoots probably 30 poops a day all over everything, can throw food up to 6 feet...uh, really, really messy! I've been hit in the face and hair by chewed up gooey chunks of fruit, have been hit with countless pellets, spend my life scrubbing poop off the cage bars, floor and wall, and she once covered the cat in pellets while she was asleep on the couch.
:coffeescreen::rofl: omg... pooor kitty...:rofl:

i have a caique... i consider him 'small' and i spend more time cleaning his cage and area than my mac and zon's cages put together! i SOOOOO know what you mean. size v/s mess is NOT relative. :omg:

bicmeister

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
i've seen it! sometimes when i get back, i notice poop all the around the floor outside of his cage! i guess he has good aim :)

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Oh, Rowdy shoots it when she's not in the cage as well. She will lift one leg to the side and boom, through the air it goes and onto the coffee table, Being used to conures doing this I was thinking an amazon was going to be really bad. Pete is unbelievably neat. He only poops in his cage and only in 2 spots.

Animal_lover

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sarah
I feel your pain:glare:. My Jojo (Meyer's) lately has been making huge messes. I just spent 30+ minutes cleaning poop off the bars. Usually it's his morning doodoo that he makes the biggest mess. If I am able to get him out before it happens it saves me a bunch of work. I truly think he does it on purpose :hehe:

Chantilly Lace

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Paco! He is disgusting, he gets about 70% of his poops outside of the cage and onto the wall which is a good 8" away from the cage. It is really hard to clean, so we end up painting over that wall every few months. I wish there was a better spot for his cage, but he gets into EVERYTHING. He ate our couch, or house alarm, and so many other things. Plus he needs to be away from the other birds because of his dust. He is just a dirty birdie. Lol

tozie12

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
chantel, hang some plastic off the wall behind his cage. i have to do that with marley's cage. he slings fruit pulp and oatmeal on EVERYTHING. and that stuff turns to cement and some of the fruit stains. but it wipes right off the wall! you can put those command hooks on the wall and it wont damage it when you take them off and hang it from them. i buy big rolls of plastic sheeting and hang/lay it all over the place... i'm just too lazy to scrub! <grin>

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton,Milton,Milton.When he thinks HE should have your attention,poop will literally FLY across the room. If you are uncouth enough to watch TV,rather than pay attention to his royal 'tooness, poop will fly right past the screen onto the wall beside it. Hasn't hit the TV.....YET...:eek:

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
I had eight Caiques and one Quaker out in the living room today. They climbed all over the furniture for two hours.

When it came time to clean up, all the caique poop was on the tiled floor, and not that much of it either ( papa LOOOOOVES you guys)
The quaker poop however, was MUCH in evidence on the sofa lOL

Out with the wet cloths and disenfectant:lol:

JP

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Titus can definitely projectile poop when it suits him. Usually when he is in a devious mood and wants to paint the walls an interesting shade if poop.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder