• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where do my Fellow canadians shop for cages/supplies?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
what size toys ( small,med,large, ) is good for goffins/
If you check out the vendors on AA in the Marketplace forum most of them have a "size" section or you can contact the vendor directly to find out what they'd recommend for your fids. I'd also keep an eye on the Sidewalk Sale which might get you some good deals. I know we have at least 3 or 4 Canadian vendors if now more which (should) make the shipping a little cheaper for you. @Danita @Susan and Oliver @Parrot Hotel & Shop

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I generally give Keno medium to large toys. She likes this one from Oliver's Garden: Spring Posey
I've also given her the sunflower pocket from Things for Wings but don't see that on the website.
I just play it by ear with her because I can't predict what she might be afraid of. I just gave her a fairly large Mother Pluckin Bird Toys (closed) hanging toy and I was surprised that she started working on it quickly instead of running away or screaming at it.
If you are considering wood toys stick with pine or basswood. Balsa would be destroyed very quickly.

becdimarc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
becky dimarcantonio
I generally give Keno medium to large toys. She likes this one from Oliver's Garden: Spring Posey
I've also given her the sunflower pocket from Things for Wings but don't see that on the website.
I just play it by ear with her because I can't predict what she might be afraid of. I just gave her a fairly large Mother Pluckin Bird Toys (closed) hanging toy and I was surprised that she started working on it quickly instead of running away or screaming at it.
If you are considering wood toys stick with pine or basswood. Balsa would be destroyed very quickly.
im going to order from olivers garden, they have such cute things. and i found another website that does those subscription boxes fot toys! but im going to grab a few things tomarrow from the local pet store, just to have some new things! just wasnt sure what was considered to small or to big!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wait for the SWS, if you can, to order from OG. Be sure to enter the raffles.
Just like @SandraK I find it difficult to give some of OG's toys to the birds.
Also consider getting a platform for Charlie although he might be afraid of it but maybe not.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
im going to order from olivers garden, they have such cute things. and i found another website that does those subscription boxes fot toys! but im going to grab a few things tomarrow from the local pet store, just to have some new things! just wasnt sure what was considered to small or to big!
Don't be afraid to ask the vendor about sizing, I've yet to find one who won't help.