• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where do my Fellow canadians shop for cages/supplies?

becdimarc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
becky dimarcantonio
ive been looking online for some decent priced cages and whatnot, since the only "bird stores" close to me are your big chains , unless i drive out toronto way, witch isnt always possible!
im trying to find a cage not crazy expensive
we have a cage already but if i could find another one, so i have have a daily cage in livingroom and a sleeping one.
not to mention, just to find toys, perches ect.
besides kijiji, amazon im kinda stumped!

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What kind of bird do you want the cage for? What's your budget? Have you checked Wayfair.ca?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

becdimarc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
becky dimarcantonio
What kind of bird do you want the cage for? What's your budget? Have you checked Wayfair.ca?
Goffin cockatoo, 600? but perfer not to if not needed
as for wayfair, ive never used it so i never knew if it was safe?
i seen a site called aosom, but again never used it soo im unsure

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you're looking for something under $600 for a goffins, it's probably better to look for used cages. Keep checking Kijiji, I sold an Avian Adventures Grande Playtop for $500 on there, and it's a pretty decent sized cage.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Was going to recommend the Avian Adventures Grande or Mediana dome top. I have a Mediana for my Goffin's. I don't know where you can order those from in Canada except perhaps Amazon. I've ordered from Wayfair (US) but I know they don't have the Avian Adventures cages any more.
Oliver's Garden is another resource for toys as well as boings, swings, platforms, climbing nets and more.

Last edited:

becdimarc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
becky dimarcantonio
i found a place in toronto area, where the cages are not bad. so i may just need to drive out.
300 for the one i was looking at! st catherines area kijiji stinks for bird cages, and stuff like that

becdimarc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
becky dimarcantonio
@iamwhoiam what deminsons are best for goffins? i know bigger the better, but what is like the minimum?
i want a cage for the day then a sleeep cage for in my room where itll be quiet.
we have a cage atm that they are giving with him, and its a decent size but id like to get a new one

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Kijiji was the one i used most. You can usually find something on there.
We did get 2 cages that were almost brand new from there.
There is also a store, near St Helens called Pet Emporium I believe. Let me get back to you.
I will check with hubby when he gets home to make sure I am giving you the correct name, but she has 2 rooms in the back FULL of cages for all sizes of birds.
I will post the name of the place later today. She has the stands , food, cages, everything. We ended up buying a table top stand AND a new cage for Frankie there.
Her prices were really good too!!!!

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
i found a place in toronto area, where the cages are not bad. so i may just need to drive out.
300 for the one i was looking at! st catherines area kijiji stinks for bird cages, and stuff like that
I am in the Niagara Region and got my cages at Big Al's in Hamilton. There is also Urban Zoo in Hamilton for supplies but they do keep birds in-store and let the house birds out so if you are concerned about "sterile" supplies it is maybe not for you. The good thing about both places is they have things for larger birds. You won't find that locally.

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Here's another cage site. cagesnaomie.com

She sells off brands so the quality isn't as good. I've never purchased from her, but my friend has. It was an okay cage, nothing special. But they're a bit more affordable than most options out there.

I would recommend no smaller than 36"×28" for a goffins.

becdimarc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
becky dimarcantonio
I am in the Niagara Region and got my cages at Big Al's in Hamilton. There is also Urban Zoo in Hamilton for supplies but they do keep birds in-store and let the house birds out so if you are concerned about "sterile" supplies it is maybe not for you. The good thing about both places is they have things for larger birds. You won't find that locally.
i went to big als in missugua today and they only had reptile and fish products! i was bummed. luckily tho, i have tanks so we went to get some new stuff but i was looking for cages ect aswwell

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
ive been looking online for some decent priced cages and whatnot, since the only "bird stores" close to me are your big chains , unless i drive out toronto way, witch isnt always possible!
im trying to find a cage not crazy expensive
we have a cage already but if i could find another one, so i have have a daily cage in livingroom and a sleeping one.
not to mention, just to find toys, perches ect.
besides kijiji, amazon im kinda stumped!
Check out The Market Place forum on AA - it lists all AA associated vendors and there are at least 3 that I know are in Canada (which might make shipping cheaper).