• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures What's your conure's favorite food?

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Of course Galahad likes nearly everything, but his absolute favorite is red/yellow/orange bell peppers! He nearly dive bombed me tonight when he saw me pull it out of the refrigerator. :birdance: I feel fortunate that he has loved fresh fruit and vegetables from day one! :DancingChilli:There's a dancing chili pepper now! 20190718_200635.jpg

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Almonds, strawberry’s and Millet those are Yoshi’s 3 favs. Almonds are the favourite though he will do anything for a piece!

SgtNikola

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Finn
Every time I see Galahad, he gets more and more handsome! Nika’s favorites are sweet potato, banana chips, millet, and grapes. She goes crazy for banana chips as a treat, but if there’s mashed sweet potato in her bowl... you won’t hear from her until it is all gone!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Every time I see Galahad, he gets more and more handsome! Nika’s favorites are sweet potato, banana chips, millet, and grapes. She goes crazy for banana chips as a treat, but if there’s mashed sweet potato in her bowl... you won’t hear from her until it is all gone!
I'll have to try sweet potato and banana chips, I have a sweet potato yet to use!

And thanks! He's been soooo nippy lately....

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Mine also love the small peppers, yellow, orange and red. They love carrots. I give them a whole baby carrot to shred and eat. Sugar snap peas too...and broccoli.. and more.

Lupen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaitlyn
Corn & cashews. 100%... just have to limit it or he'd eat nothing else. :p Plus cashews are a lil fatty.

He also goes nuts - no pun intended - over grapes, blue berries, snap peas, bell peppers. Wish Zephyr liked sweet potatoes more; he'll eat it but not much.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Corn & cashews. 100%... just have to limit it or he'd eat nothing else. :p Plus cashews are a lil fatty.

He also goes nuts - no pun intended - over grapes, blue berries, snap peas, bell peppers. Wish Zephyr liked sweet potatoes more; he'll eat it but not much.
In the evening I sometimes share a piece of fruit with Galahad, especially right now since everything is in season. It's difficult for me to eat without him wanting whatever I have!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Mine also love the small peppers, yellow, orange and red. They love carrots. I give them a whole baby carrot to shred and eat. Sugar snap peas too...and broccoli.. and more.
I'll have to try that with the baby carrots. None of my birds have quite figured out how to eat carrots for some reason. Galahad is a big copy cat, so I'm sure I'll be able to teach him how to eat snap peas.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Hemp seeds!

Lupen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaitlyn
In the evening I sometimes share a piece of fruit with Galahad, especially right now since everything is in season. It's difficult for me to eat without him wanting whatever I have!

I have the same problem, ever since I taught him how to wave and spin he's a master at being super cute while begging. :shifty:

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah
Neptune absolutely loves apples, peas, bell pepper seeds, and corn! For treats, he likes almonds, pine nuts, and dried raspberries. I finally got him to start eating blueberries yesterday, I've been giving him chop in his cage in the morning and adding different fruits/veggies daily so he can't just pick his favorite and ignore the rest. :smuggrin:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I'll have to try that with the baby carrots. None of my birds have quite figured out how to eat carrots for some reason. Galahad is a big copy cat, so I'm sure I'll be able to teach him how to eat snap peas.
Mine totally demolish the carrots. All you'll see left is fine shreds on the paper in their cages. I give the small birds whole baby carrots as a foraging, shredding yummy food. When you watch them eat it you'll see them mashing the bite of carrot in their beaks extracting the juice from the carrot. Be warned.... poop will be orange.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
For Koopa it was raspberries :)

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
For Koopa it was raspberries :)
I tried raspberries today but they must have been too tart because he refused to try blueberries after looking shocked by the raspberry!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I have the same problem, ever since I taught him how to wave and spin he's a master at being super cute while begging. :shifty:
I've had him try to swipe a lime popsicle :depressed: would have been his face haha

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
He likes them! (of course he does) a chew toy and healthy treat in one 20190719_190607.jpg