• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures What's your conure's favorite food?

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
He likes them! (of course he does) a chew toy and healthy treat in one View attachment 310172
What is it? A sugar snap pea? You can also make a slit along the seam of the sugar snap peas that are sort of flat with small peas inside and stuff extra goodies into them.

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
What is it? A sugar snap pea? You can also make a slit along the seam of the sugar snap peas that are sort of flat with small peas inside and stuff extra goodies into them.
Yes, sugar snap. That's a great idea! A foraging treat :cool:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Corn kibble (aka kibbled corn), corn and papaya.

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
They are these little round yellow balls that are in Volkman Avian Science Super Hookbill. Amazon.com : Volkman Avian Science Super Hookbill 4 lb : Pet Food : Pet Supplies Look at the bottom of the bag. Little yellow ball near the corn and the peanuts (yuck...I toss the peanuts).
Don't know what the corn bits in Nutriberries look like.
Funny.... none of my birds will eat those. I wish Volkman would leave them out along with the peanuts, green peas and the hard corn.. useless fillers for me.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Funny.... none of my birds will eat those. I wish Volkman would leave them out along with the peanuts, green peas and the hard corn.. useless fillers for me.
Oh no...Jaden would be so sad if there was no kibbled corn. In fact I ask them to send me a small baggie of extra kibbled corn with my orders but they haven't been able to do that with my last two. Just wish they would leave out the peanuts. At one time they used include pine nuts in the shell but it became too expensive.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Oh no...Jaden would be so sad if there was no kibbled corn. In fact I ask them to send me a small baggie of extra kibbled corn with my orders but they haven't been able to do that with my last two. Just wish they would leave out the peanuts. At one time they used include pine nuts in the shell but it became too expensive.
Next time I order I'll pick them all out and send them to you! :D

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
One of these days I'll buy a whole bag of the pine nuts in the shell. The local pet store has them. I can't remember how much it was.. probably 18-20 dollars. I've given them the shelled ones from the grocery store and they really don't touch them. I like the peppery taste!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Next time I order I'll pick them all out and send them to you! :D
One of these days I'll buy a whole bag of the pine nuts in the shell. The local pet store has them. I can't remember how much it was.. probably 18-20 dollars. I've given them the shelled ones from the grocery store and they really don't touch them. I like the peppery taste!

Thanks. Jaden will appreciate that. :laugh: I'm hoping they will send some extra with the next order. I purchase a pound bag of pine nuts in the shell every few months. I don't give a lot out at a time and don't dole them out frequently.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Thanks. Jaden will appreciate that. :laugh: I'm hoping they will send some extra with the next order. I purchase a pound bag of pine nuts in the shell every few months. I don't give a lot out at a time and don't dole them out frequently.
No problem... seriously... I'll send them! I don't remember the weight at the store. I order everything anymore so I haven't been there in long time. Where do you get yours?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No problem... seriously... I'll send them! I don't remember the weight at the store. I order everything anymore so I haven't been there in long time. Where do you get yours?
Just kidding about the kibbled corn. I get Volkman pine nuts. They used to be about $6-8 but have doubled in price.

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
Our GCCs love most fruits, but Jesse has to have a rice noodle if we make Chinese. He will bob his head until he get his noodle. (So sometimes we hesitate just to watch him "dance"!)