• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What kind of conure is this?

Ninna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kate Pinks
I'm SO pleased you've decided to give her a home! I've not been able to stop thinking about the poor little thing,, so reading your last post has made me very happy! I totally understand your dilemma, especially after meeting the baby green cheeks, but I think you've made the right decision - she needs you. I wish you luck and hope the two of you will be very happy! I look forward to hearing about your progress.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I worry that it would almost be mean to get only one of the others that are used to playmates. I bet this one will positively blossom with the slightest bit of love and attention! :loveshower:

... not to mention light. :cautious: Dang that manager.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats. Very happy that you decided to take her into your home. A&E flight cage should work. Which size is that one?
I am a fan of the Avian Adventures Loro but, if you can get a cage and bring it home now that would be the good way to go.
Sometimes shipped cages can have issues.
Hope things work out for you and your new feathered friend.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
BTW, keep us updated.

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
For caiques, yes! I've not seen green cheeks play that hard. :laugh: They're an energetic bunch.

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
I have tried posting a link to a picture of the cage, @iamwhoiam, but the site will not seem to accept it.

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
hehe....yes, and I love the way one of the pineapples stops for a little preening right in the middle of the brawl, and then jumps right back into the action. They seem like a really happy bunch!!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's very spacious and it's assembled. I like having outside feeder doors so I can just swing the door open to change the food/water although my birds don't go after me when I put my hand in the cage (except for Shannon). Most flight cages don't have those. The Loro does.
I HATED assembling the A&E cage I purchased. Took me 4 hours. Takes me no time to assemble a "no tools" (unless there is an issue) Avian Adventures cages.

Adding....I think the A&E elegant flight cages have swing out feeder doors.

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You'll need to add a lot of toys and larger diameter natural perches and/or rope perches and maybe some bolt on bowls instead of those plastic dishes. A ladder or two would be nice.
Do you get a health guarantee with the GCC?

That cage is definitely 100X better than the claustrophobic and dark space she is existing in right now.

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
Yes, please list all of the items that I should add to the cage. I want to make it a great environment for her to thrive in. Her life for the last several months has been pitiful.
  • Bolt-on bowls
  • Natural perches
  • Rope perches
  • Ladders
  • Cuddle tent?
I will have to ask about the health situation. I also need to have her/him DNA sexed.
I am also hoping that she isn't going to end up being very loud. I live in a condo and share walls with neighbors, though the sound insulation is pretty good.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yes, please list all of the items that I should add to the cage. I want to make it a great environment for her to thrive in. Her life for the last several months has been pitiful.
  • Bolt-on bowls
  • Natural perches
  • Rope perches
  • Ladders
  • Cuddle tent?
I will have to ask about the health situation. I also need to have her/him DNA sexed.
I am also hoping that she isn't going to end up being very loud. I live in a condo and share walls with neighbors, though the sound insulation is pretty good.
Oh! This is the last day of the Sidewalk Sale. You should grab some toys.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
psst... @cab124 If you happen to post what city that PetSmart is in I'll call the manager raise heck and escalate to the regional if that light doesn't get fixed.