• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What do YOU generally do after it's parrots lights out for the night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
I collapse on the settee and look at the mess that has been created by my little darlings and then once found my second wind may clear it up or may close my eyes to it until morning. Having said that it is a darn sight easier to clean it up there and then than to leave!
Come morning we are all ready for the next round!:rofl:

Crackaleen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
Our pre-bed routine involves tidying up. Then they both get to hang out and cuddle with hubby and me while we sit in bed reading. Once they go in their cages I usually go to sleep too, but sometimes I will stay up reading a little longer.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
First I:cheer: Then I:choir: and:yah:. Then me and the hubs have a few:drinks: and watch some:laughing9: I then visit AA:ouch: for a bit. Off to bed for a:pillowfight: Then we slowly drift off to:sleeping4: until it is time to start all over again!:sleepsign:
:whack:

Truly I love my beebies!:heart:

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
I clean, pay bills, watch TV. Oh, and I also enjoy some Nutella. It's chocolate, so Kiwi can't have any. If I eat it while he is awake, he gets angry that I'm not sharing.

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
My husband and I usually unwind by finishing up the dishes and kitchen stuff together and then sitting down to watch a movie, or in some cases he will watch something I don't care to see and I will sit in my chair and read.

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
I shower and read, sometimes I do housework. I also spend a little qt with the hubs. :)

Tomsde

Real Name
Tom Santomartino
I try to put them to bed at 7 PM every night since we are early risers and I get up at 5 am every morning for work. They live in the living room, I make the room as dark as possible, turn everything off, and cover the cages. I then go up to the study for the rest of the evening to do stuff on the computer. It's been tougher since the days are longer now, there is still ambient light that gets through the blinds and the birds have been protesting. Usually about 10 or 15 minutes they all settle down. Ollie used to be ready to go to bed when I said "Bedtime for Parrots" but lately he's been calling out from under the cage cover, "Hi Ollie, hi Ollie, peekaboo, peekaboo!" I feel bad, but he needs his rest and gets very cranky when he's tired.

Vega

Real Name
Joni
I get all of the cleaning up done about 30 minutes before taking them up to bed. This way they know its time to settle down. After they go to bed I normally work on my cross stitch for about an hour. Then I have this leg machine that I have to use for an hour every night too. It helps move fluid in out of my leg. While that runs I play online (phone) or watch tv.

Zamion

Jogging around the block
It's been tougher since the days are longer now, there is still ambient light that gets through the blinds and the birds have been protesting.
I have a double curtain rod in my living room, and the blackout curtains on the outermost rod. Blocks out quit a bit of the light, but still lets you move them aside for your regular curtains when you want some light. Might help!

Tomsde

Real Name
Tom Santomartino
We have curtains hanging up too, but they are pretty sheer--we should look into getting heavier ones. It's just this time of year there is a problem. When it gets dark earlier they usually settle right down.

Zamion

Jogging around the block
We have curtains hanging up too, but they are pretty sheer--we should look into getting heavier ones. It's just this time of year there is a problem. When it gets dark earlier they usually settle right down.
Walmart has some amazingly inexpensive ($13 a panel) blackout curtains. Many colors/textures/lengths, and the backing is solid white vinyl so it blocks almost all light. As a third shifter, blocking the noonday sun is crucial to peaceful relations between me and the rest of the world!

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
I was commenting on TMS's post. I know you didnt mean this like it sounded. :dance4: :lol:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was commenting on TMS's post. I know you didnt mean this like it sounded. :dance4: :lol:
Well, since I've made comments before about how I stand behind everything I type...........;) :lol:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Turn on the ceiling fans!!!!:lol:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I do the clean up before they are in bed....as they are in our dining room and our place is shaped like an L..from day one they got used to me sitting and watching tv after they are covered. the room is dark where they are but I have the small lamp on and the tv on where I watch tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.