• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

what could it be?

mutlus

Meeting neighbors
i have this guy for few months and since he came to me from awful petshop he was in,he has some problems.first he had diarrhea after that vet gave some med for it but now he has solid droppings but they stick to his butt.he is doing a lot better since i changed his diet and started to feed him with more vegetables but still not solved yet.
now he has some kind of problem like in video.he is doing this a lot recently especially after eating but i didnt see him puking seeds till today.today he just got out one while doing it but no fluid or bad smell just few seeds.other than that he is very active and flirting with everything possible.i was worried so i took him to a vet near where i live he said nothing is wrong with him he is just in heat.he gave me antibacterial drop for his water just in case but i am not sure if it will help with this coughing.i dont trust vets here because they arent good at healing birds.he didnt do any tests or something just looked at bird and his poop and video i shared.
here his video;
dsdsa - Streamable
i am adding few pics about his problems.they told me his poop is normal but why it gets stick to his butt i dont know.there is no problem with my other bird.

Attachments

mutlus

Meeting neighbors
Can the vet do any tests for bacterial or fungal diseases? Including AGY?
i will take him to university clinic but it is so far and i dont have car so it will have to wait after exams.they can do tests there maybe but vet said he isnt sick.it is normal probably allergic.he gave me antibacterial drop for his water.i used it 4 days so far no more poop sticking his butt so it worked but he is still doing that thing in video sometimes.he gave me another drop for it.i will use it and see if it will work.

PoukieBear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
All white poop is usually an indication of pancreatic issues. Since you don't have an avian vet, don't be afraid to tell them what you think the problem is. They can start tests and treatments if you give them a head start with your knowledge.

The feathers you posted in the other thread are just regular pin feathers coming in, nothing to worry about.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
What is it they are playing with? You can add apple cider vinegar to the drinking water - called Braggs with Mother. It may help both of the birds. Add 2 tsp. to a quart of fresh water. Put the remainder in the refrigerator until gone.

mutlus

Meeting neighbors
All white poop is usually an indication of pancreatic issues. Since you don't have an avian vet, don't be afraid to tell them what you think the problem is. They can start tests and treatments if you give them a head start with your knowledge.

The feathers you posted in the other thread are just regular pin feathers coming in, nothing to worry about.
thanks for answer but those birds in this thread are mine and their poop are normal so far.sadly other bird was someone's who doesnt know english who i met in native budgie forum so i opened thread for her.budgie sadly passed away yesterday so it is too late.they insisted blood test cant be done for budgies:sad8:but i know there are places who can do that.she just wasnt lucky because she was living in small city.
my own bird(yellow face)has sneezing problem and i will start using a med vet gave me in 2 days after other med is done.poops were sticking to his butt but he healed after i started using antibacterial drop vet gave me.

mutlus

Meeting neighbors
What is it they are playing with? You can add apple cider vinegar to the drinking water - called Braggs with Mother. It may help both of the birds. Add 2 tsp. to a quart of fresh water. Put the remainder in the refrigerator until gone.
i think it is a gum paper they stole from my little brother.he was recording this video:)they go crazy for gum papers i dont know why but if i dont give them gum papers they get mad:laugh:i have apple cider vinegar for birds but i never used it.how many times should i add it?i might try it after his medical treatment is done.vet said he doesnt have anything serious.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Make sure it is unfiltered Apple cider vinegar. I give them the ACV in drinking water for a few days per month. Usually about 4 to 6 days.

mutlus

Meeting neighbors
Make sure it is unfiltered Apple cider vinegar. I give them the ACV in drinking water for a few days per month. Usually about 4 to 6 days.
Yesterday at 3 am they started to eat and drink like starving then that one in video started sneezing and puked few seeds.i checked seeds they had no husk or fluid, no bad smell.in the morning I observed him.he is fine and his usual self again.just sneezing during day few seconds then keep flirting with everything and running or flying.i put ACV in their water.i am planning to keep doing it next 4 days.i grabbed him and checked his body.he didn’t loose weight or something.

mutlus

Meeting neighbors
I will upload another video of him tonight when i go home thanks for help

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
He probable has an infection in crop. Most likely yeast. He needs a vet to do a gram stain of the crop and then look at the stain under magnification and check for fungi or other bacteria. Budgies are very prone to this. Vinegar is not a cure by any means. If there is yeast in his GI system the vet will prescribe anti fungal and possible antibiotic. If not treated crop infections can lead to death. I know because it happened to one of my budgies. Time will not cure this.

mutlus

Meeting neighbors
He probable has an infection in crop. Most likely yeast. He needs a vet to do a gram stain of the crop and then look at the stain under magnification and check for fungi or other bacteria. Budgies are very prone to this. Vinegar is not a cure by any means. If there is yeast in his GI system the vet will prescribe anti fungal and possible antibiotic. If not treated crop infections can lead to death. I know because it happened to one of my budgies. Time will not cure this.
i bought med for it.i will use tomorrow and i separated birds.my only question now should i apply same med to my other bird?he has no problem atm but i have seen them giving food to each other so i am worried.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Hard to say whether or not it's a good idea to medicate both meds as that could potentially be bad for the bird that isn't sick....

I'm worried that it's AGY and I don't think you can buy meds to treat that without seeing a vet. It can potentially be hard to diagnose and hard to treat. That is, it can take weeks or months to cure.

I'm speaking from experience, unfortunately. Had a budgie that was *probably* misdiagnosed by the first vet and the second and third vets couldn't figure out what was wrong. He still ate, still maintained weight - mostly, but he was puking (not regurgitation) and doing similar behaviors. Didn't find out what he was sick with until after doing the necropsy and in total spent around $600 on the little guy. I'd do it all again if there was any chance of figuring out what he was sick with before his passing and getting him the correct meds.

Jas

Real Name
Jasmine
Hard to say whether or not it's a good idea to medicate both meds as that could potentially be bad for the bird that isn't sick....

I'm worried that it's AGY and I don't think you can buy meds to treat that without seeing a vet. It can potentially be hard to diagnose and hard to treat. That is, it can take weeks or months to cure.

I'm speaking from experience, unfortunately. Had a budgie that was *probably* misdiagnosed by the first vet and the second and third vets couldn't figure out what was wrong. He still ate, still maintained weight - mostly, but he was puking (not regurgitation) and doing similar behaviors. Didn't find out what he was sick with until after doing the necropsy and in total spent around $600 on the little guy. I'd do it all again if there was any chance of figuring out what he was sick with before his passing and getting him the correct meds.
Awww I'm so sorry to hear that :sadhug2:.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
You cannot buy medication that may be needed. It is prescribed by a vet. Treating budgies for infections or yeast by yourself is not going to help. Its not a pretty picture because a bird will enter into the wasting stage despite eating. The nutrients are no longer absorbed and my budgie was there. I never heard of AGY and waited too long for treatment. He died from malnutrition.
Please dont make the same mistake.

Also never feed budgies fresh corn. I can explain later if you want.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
i think it is a gum paper they stole from my little brother.he was recording this video:)they go crazy for gum papers i dont know why but if i dont give them gum papers they get mad:laugh:.
I wouldn't give them that... Better with plain paper than paper with aluminium or some kind of chemicals on..

mutlus

Meeting neighbors
You cannot buy medication that may be needed. It is prescribed by a vet. Treating budgies for infections or yeast by yourself is not going to help. Its not a pretty picture because a bird will enter into the wasting stage despite eating. The nutrients are no longer absorbed and my budgie was there. I never heard of AGY and waited too long for treatment. He died from malnutrition.
Please dont make the same mistake.

Also never feed budgies fresh corn. I can explain later if you want.
in here you can almost buy all meds without vet from places who sell animal meds which vets give you.you dont need anything to buy it.i dont want to treat him myself either but i took him two vets so far they didnt help with anything about his situation so i took him to someone who knows about birds they told me to use a med they use for AGY.i gave yesterday 2 drops in his water it worked he didnt puked again so far.i am watching if he is eating seeds.i didnt give again today but actually they told me to drop it to his mouth for 5 days.but he had diarrea after i used so i got worried didnt give today.yesterday vet did a test but nothing came out of it.he gave me antibiotic for cold i will use it but i doubt if it will work either:unsure1:

other problem grey one isnt eating much since i got his friend another room.i started to worry abot him either:(he has no problems visible so far despite staying with other one and i have seen them giving food to each other.when i put them in same room they keep trying to reach each other and never eating or doing anything else so i dont keep in same room.half of day they are trying to call each other and dont do anything but trying to reach each other again even in different rooms:facepalm:

i actually only gave once but they didnt like much.they are into greens more.atm i dont give anything he puked after eating vegetables so i got suspicious.i will give when his meds are done.

Last edited: