1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Went visiting today...

Discussion in 'Cockatoo Causeway' started by cassiesdad, 7/11/18.

1. cassiesdad

cassiesdad Joyriding the Neighborhood Weather Authority Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Bob Weisman
    ...with Milton and Irving Pig...I know, an original "odd couple."

Anyway we went to the VBS at our church...and everyone survived. Milton was fine for the first 15 minutes or so...then he spied a stuffed sting ray toy one of the kids had. That put him into a fit...hissing and displaying for the last 15 minutes or so...all while he sitting on my hand with the kids sitting on the floor no more than 3 or 4 feet away.
    My worry was that he'd chomp on my arm, not go after the kids...but he just stayed on my arm, weaving and hissing at the "terrible, horrible" stuffed toy!

Irving was a very good piggie...walking around among the kids sitting on the floor...soaking up all the petting he could. :) Like I said, a very good piggie!

Oh yes...Irving did wait until the kids left the room to pee on Kathy...oh well that'll come out in the wash..:D

2. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Karen
    Well, at least we know Milton gave those kids an accurate education. :D Pretty sure none of them will wander into bird ownership lightly.

Good to know Irving was so well behaved & took some of the spotlight off of poor, terrified Milton. ;)

3. cassiesdad

cassiesdad Joyriding the Neighborhood Weather Authority Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Bob Weisman
    ...yeah...you know those nasty stuffed stingray toys have been known to kill angelic, sweet cockatoos...;) :rofl::rofl::rofl::loltears::loltears::loltears:

4. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Deanna
    Aw, Irving sounds like such a sweetie!:heart: (Except for the urinating on Kathy!:hehe:)
    I’m glad Milton didn’t bite you!

5. Hjarta5

Hjarta5 Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

Jennifer
    Is it bad of me to have wished that Milton chanted, "Eat Dat Pig!" while hissing at the kids and Irving, during your visit today?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

doodadz, tka, SquawksNibbles and 8 others like this.
  6. Dartman

Dartman Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Terry
    It's certainly funny the things that trigger them. Lurch would go full homicidal maniac over certain hats and hoodies, and flew to attack my sister when she walked in in a coat he'd never seen her in. Luckily he bounced into her and then he recognized her and didn't know what to do next. Might be a good thing Milty can't fly sometimes except for those warning bites you get. Dobby just gives the look and threatens, gives ferocious finger grabs and pinches though I have no doubt he can bite if he chooses to.

7. cassiesdad

Bob Weisman
    No...I like your style...;) :rofl:

8. Nancy B

Nancy B Rollerblading along the road

Nancy
    Hahahahaha! Awwww poor BOB! I would have been terrified Milty would have bitten you! It's too bad the toy rained on his parade!

9. cassiesdad

Bob Weisman
    I was more concerned at the time that Milty was going to jump off of me and into the kids sitting on the floor...so I turned ever so slightly so he couldn't get down to the floor without me intercepting him.

He KNEW I was watching him...closely...and giving HIM "THE LOOK". If he would have bitten me, at least it would have been on the arm...a tougher place to break the skin...;)

10. Shezbug

Shezbug I have a macaw and don't post enough photos

Lol Milton the monster is what it sounds like. I wish you had the whole thing on video so we could see him do his stuffed toy war warning song and dance. What a character he is :)

11. cassiesdad

Bob Weisman
    Well, we know he'd do the war dance if he saw the video equipment, since he also attacks that. ;)

I'd love to get some video of our visits, but privacy laws forbid it...;)

12. Nancy B

Nancy
    Omg I am sure going through that the last thing I would think about is pictures or video anyway. My god, Milty sure can be a monster I bet! Small & mighty. :eek:

13. cassiesdad

Bob Weisman
    Again, this is the first time in any visit where I became concerned about Milton biting someone...it's just not something that I could foresee ever happening. He enjoys his time out (and meeting new people) so much!

And how often do you run into stuffed toy animals, anyway? ;) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

14. camelotshadow

camelotshadow Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran

Well kids & toy stuffed animal go together. Maybe Milton would be better at the senior homes.
    Hope they would be less likely to be toting stuffed animals but you never know!

You'll have to be on guard & pick the places carefully & maybe put out a NO stuffed toys warning to beon the safe side.

Stingrays can be ominous looking but surprised he did not say bad pig or something like that!

15. Fergus Mom

Fergus Mom Rollerblading along the road

Elly
    Kind of surprised Milt didn't squawk "Bad sting ray... NO CAKE for dat"! What a great VBS story!
    I have such great memories of Vacation Bible School as a kid! But darn it, no one ever brought Birbs,
    we would have loved that. We could have fed them cookies and Kool Aid.

SquawksNibbles and cassiesdad like this.
  16. cassiesdad

Bob Weisman
    I'm really not too worried about the possibilities of future visits being crashed by stuffed animals. ;) I guess I'll file it under "occupational hazards" and go from there. :rofl:
    ...he really didn't have a chance to say much...he was too busy "huffing and puffing"...showing his "big, scary" self...:rolleyes:

SquawksNibbles and faislaq like this.
  17. cassiesdad

Bob Weisman
    Our Pastor wants us to bring Milton in to services in the fall...he wants to build a talk around him at the Children's Sermon part of the main service. That should prove very interesting.

It wouldn't be the first time one of our birds has attended a service...Titan attended Marty's (my BIL) memorial service last year. People were deeply moved on how well Titan behaved during the service...he even "sang" during the hymns...

18. Nancy B

Nancy
    Awww....what a doll, Milty :)

cassiesdad likes this.
  19. Nancy B

Nancy
    Haha they can be terrifying looking. My Freddy I just learned that scream and display the other night using Nature's Miracle to see how well it works, he is not afraid of it. I was cleaning AT NIGHT. I cleaned yesterday morning and he just watched as usual. He's a picky thing! To see him you would swear he's going to attack but for some reason I am not afraid of that. My son says I'm crazy lol he can't understand why I am not nervous. I asked if I look nervous and he said not at all. So Freddy must know I'm not afraid, I do stand up and talk him down out of his mood lol.

faislaq, Dartman and Fergus Mom like this.
  20. cassiesdad

Bob Weisman
    Cleaning is an "important" part of a bird's routine...changing a part of the routine like that could get Freddy concerned...;)

Fergus Mom and Nancy B like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)