• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Went visiting today...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...with Milton and Irving Pig...I know, an original "odd couple."

Anyway we went to the VBS at our church...and everyone survived. Milton was fine for the first 15 minutes or so...then he spied a stuffed sting ray toy one of the kids had. That put him into a fit...hissing and displaying for the last 15 minutes or so...all while he sitting on my hand with the kids sitting on the floor no more than 3 or 4 feet away.
My worry was that he'd chomp on my arm, not go after the kids...but he just stayed on my arm, weaving and hissing at the "terrible, horrible" stuffed toy!

Irving was a very good piggie...walking around among the kids sitting on the floor...soaking up all the petting he could. :) Like I said, a very good piggie!

Oh yes...Irving did wait until the kids left the room to pee on Kathy...oh well that'll come out in the wash..:D

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Well, at least we know Milton gave those kids an accurate education. :D Pretty sure none of them will wander into bird ownership lightly.

Good to know Irving was so well behaved & took some of the spotlight off of poor, terrified Milton. ;)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, Irving sounds like such a sweetie!:heart: (Except for the urinating on Kathy!:hehe:)
I’m glad Milton didn’t bite you!

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Is it bad of me to have wished that Milton chanted, "Eat Dat Pig!" while hissing at the kids and Irving, during your visit today?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
...yeah...you know those nasty stuffed stingray toys have been known to kill angelic, sweet cockatoos...;) :rofl::rofl::rofl::loltears::loltears::loltears:
It's certainly funny the things that trigger them. Lurch would go full homicidal maniac over certain hats and hoodies, and flew to attack my sister when she walked in in a coat he'd never seen her in. Luckily he bounced into her and then he recognized her and didn't know what to do next. Might be a good thing Milty can't fly sometimes except for those warning bites you get. Dobby just gives the look and threatens, gives ferocious finger grabs and pinches though I have no doubt he can bite if he chooses to.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Hahahahaha! Awwww poor BOB! I would have been terrified Milty would have bitten you! It's too bad the toy rained on his parade!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
! I would have been terrified Milty would have bitten you!
I was more concerned at the time that Milty was going to jump off of me and into the kids sitting on the floor...so I turned ever so slightly so he couldn't get down to the floor without me intercepting him.

He KNEW I was watching him...closely...and giving HIM "THE LOOK". If he would have bitten me, at least it would have been on the arm...a tougher place to break the skin...;)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Lol Milton the monster is what it sounds like. I wish you had the whole thing on video so we could see him do his stuffed toy war warning song and dance. What a character he is :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
. I wish you had the whole thing on video so we could see him do his stuffed toy war warning song and dance.
Well, we know he'd do the war dance if he saw the video equipment, since he also attacks that. ;)

I'd love to get some video of our visits, but privacy laws forbid it...;)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Again, this is the first time in any visit where I became concerned about Milton biting someone...it's just not something that I could foresee ever happening. He enjoys his time out (and meeting new people) so much!

And how often do you run into stuffed toy animals, anyway? ;) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Well kids & toy stuffed animal go together. Maybe Milton would be better at the senior homes.
Hope they would be less likely to be toting stuffed animals but you never know!

You'll have to be on guard & pick the places carefully & maybe put out a NO stuffed toys warning to beon the safe side.

Stingrays can be ominous looking but surprised he did not say bad pig or something like that!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Kind of surprised Milt didn't squawk "Bad sting ray... NO CAKE for dat"! What a great VBS story!
I have such great memories of Vacation Bible School as a kid! But darn it, no one ever brought Birbs,
we would have loved that. We could have fed them cookies and Kool Aid.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Well kids & toy stuffed animal go together. Maybe Milton would be better at the senior homes.
I'm really not too worried about the possibilities of future visits being crashed by stuffed animals. ;) I guess I'll file it under "occupational hazards" and go from there. :rofl:
Stingrays can be ominous looking but surprised he did not say bad pig or something like that!
...he really didn't have a chance to say much...he was too busy "huffing and puffing"...showing his "big, scary" self...:rolleyes:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I have such great memories of Vacation Bible School as a kid! But darn it, no one ever brought Birbs,
we would have loved that. We could have fed them cookies and Kool Aid.
Our Pastor wants us to bring Milton in to services in the fall...he wants to build a talk around him at the Children's Sermon part of the main service. That should prove very interesting.

It wouldn't be the first time one of our birds has attended a service...Titan attended Marty's (my BIL) memorial service last year. People were deeply moved on how well Titan behaved during the service...he even "sang" during the hymns...

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I'm really not too worried about the possibilities of future visits being crashed by stuffed animals. ;) I guess I'll file it under "occupational hazards" and go from there. :rofl:

...he really didn't have a chance to say much...he was too busy "huffing and puffing"...showing his "big, scary" self...:rolleyes:
Haha they can be terrifying looking. My Freddy I just learned that scream and display the other night using Nature's Miracle to see how well it works, he is not afraid of it. I was cleaning AT NIGHT. I cleaned yesterday morning and he just watched as usual. He's a picky thing! To see him you would swear he's going to attack but for some reason I am not afraid of that. My son says I'm crazy lol he can't understand why I am not nervous. I asked if I look nervous and he said not at all. So Freddy must know I'm not afraid, I do stand up and talk him down out of his mood lol.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
My Freddy I just learned that scream and display the other night using Nature's Miracle to see how well it works, he is not afraid of it. I was cleaning AT NIGHT. I cleaned yesterday morning and he just watched as usual. He's a picky thing!
Cleaning is an "important" part of a bird's routine...changing a part of the routine like that could get Freddy concerned...;)