• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Went visiting today...

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Cleaning is an "important" part of a bird's routine...changing a part of the routine like that could get Freddy concerned...;)
I realize that now, only morning cleaning lol.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
It wouldn't be the first time one of our birds has attended a service...Titan attended Marty's (my BIL) memorial service last year. People were deeply moved on how well Titan behaved during the service...he even "sang" during the hymns...

Awwww - that is so sweet!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awwwwwwwww Milty I am sorry the scary toy spoiled your visit.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Haha they can be terrifying looking. My Freddy I just learned that scream and display the other night using Nature's Miracle to see how well it works, he is not afraid of it. I was cleaning AT NIGHT. I cleaned yesterday morning and he just watched as usual. He's a picky thing! To see him you would swear he's going to attack but for some reason I am not afraid of that. My son says I'm crazy lol he can't understand why I am not nervous. I asked if I look nervous and he said not at all. So Freddy must know I'm not afraid, I do stand up and talk him down out of his mood lol.
When Lurch did a I'm going to attack or bite display you betchya I paid attention as he was serious and didn't mess around. One of his names was MR LURCH for good reason. :backout:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
When Lurch did a I'm going to attack or bite display you betchya I paid attention as he was serious and didn't mess around. One of his names was MR LURCH for good reason. :backout:
Omg well tonight Freddy has been an absolute riot. He climbed up on Joe and I to spend some time with each of us. Then spent the rest of the night scouting the floor. Then he got under a table, I didn't see him, we watched a movie. He stuck his head out just below my feet and I jumped and screamed, since he startled me. Well he thought that was just great. Just before bed I was getting food together and fresh water. He climbed up behind me as close as he could get, and screamed! Thank GOD I have a strong heart! Once again head bobbing success! Joe says uh oh, this is a GAME LOL. OF COURSE Joe and my son are both laughing and Freddy bobbing his head! Geez I need a female cockatoo on my side! :rofl:
He's also a tease! I'm glad he seems to have a sense of humor.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well as I'm pretty sure you know he did grow to love me in his grumpy way but when he was in a mood best to leave him alone till his attitude improved. He did do things to show he cared and trusted me but I always had to read him so as not to have a bad day. He certainly loved to hang out and get scritches and loved drinking and playing in the water coming out of the sink faucet in my bathroom too.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Well as I'm pretty sure you know he did grow to love me in his grumpy way but when he was in a mood best to leave him alone till his attitude improved. He did do things to show he cared and trusted me but I always had to read him so as not to have a bad day. He certainly loved to hang out and get scritches and loved drinking and playing in the water coming out of the sink faucet in my bathroom too.
Oh yes, they have their moods. Freddy has his days when he doesn't want to be bothered but he loves our company. Loves us around and let's us know it when he wants our attention. He calls us.