• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

weird belly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
It only takes once for her to get a serious illness. At the very least you should get her vaccinated for rabies.

Cats are asymptomatic carriers of ringworm, so it looks like *anything* in cats. Although I doubt it'd show up as lumps under the skin, usually it's a different sort of hair loss or someone else in the household gets it. As for you rubbing her stomach, it may just be stimulating her to go to the bathroom. I don't imagine it's helping or hurting anything in regards to her current situation.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
When you go see the vet, tell him your cat ate tinsel. I realize you have other things you are thinking about but eating tinsel is really bad. It can slice the GI tract.

annie1

Walking the driveway
Real Name
manuela
r those bumbs round looking could be roundworms and yes u should take her in .

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
I will let the vet know she ate tinsel. as far as ringworm, i highly doubt it. its not lots of tiny bumps, but like 6-7 quarter sized bumps. they seem to be getting bigger. I tried checking her today, but now its too painful for even me to touch. she keeps hiding from me... :( im worried about her. Also, my other cat tried to mount her today... he's fixed, but dang julius, she's either pregnant or sick. leave her alone! LOL.. looks like pregnancy is the least of my worries with her.

anyone know about mastitis? is that exclusively under the nipples or can it be in the surrounding areas? not one bump seems to be under the nipples or even nipple adjacent. Her do nipples look pink and slightly bigger this week.

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
also, the bumps move WITH the skin, so they arent internal. her belly as a whole seems huge. finally got pix of her staying still so u can see her and her belly.
top veiw
IMG_4714.jpg
sideview
IMG_4716.jpg
lump between fingers
IMG_4721.jpg

Attachments

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
getting ready to take her.. anything in specific i should have her tested for that the vet may not think of?

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
Just got back...

:omg: Shes PREGNANT!

the masses ARE her milk ducts, she does have worms and everything is fine. :) She is healthy enough otherwise to carry these babies to term. thank goooooddddneeessssss

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Just reading through this and that was my guess was that she was pregnant. GLad that was it and nothing serious If she were mine I would start saving up now to get her spayed after this litter :)

Milo

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
Make sure that you're getting her some different food so that she gets the right nutrition for herself and the babies =)

Codyandme1

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amber
I hope she pulls through the labour and everything, it's dangerous for her and the kittens being that she is so young!:(

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Make sure you get her lots of good food. She's young to be having her first litter and I would watch her very very carefully. I know of two younger cats when I worked at a shelter that needed c-sections to have their litter, so make sure you have a 'cushion' money wise just in case. :) While she may be physically healthy enough to have kittens, she is still a kitten herself at 8 months. I would suggest reading up and getting prepared on if she doesn't know how to behave with them. Such as making sure you have formula and a bottle around the due date. You can also ask your vet about any possible complications that there might be or what you need to prepare for. Also, if you're going to treat for the fleas read up on it now. Many medications cannot be given to pregnant or nursing mothers so you want to make sure. :)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I agree with Kalan. Read as much as you can about having litters. My female had 7 in a litter and I helped her with delivering 4. Get a book and read about it. You might not need to do anything but just in case you would know what to do and have all the items on hand. Kittens are so cute! Feed the mom everything she will eat, she will need it later.

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
they gave me an application of safe flea drops to give her. i will be getting her more food today. the vet office gave me a large packet on pregnant cat care and newborn kitten care. i read it all, but i will be re-reading it all each week to keep it fresh. I'm getting her used to a place i set up for her to have the babies. She likes it a lot. its warm, secluded, and still near her momma. I've been holding her a lot and holding my hand on her belly lightly and rubbing it, kinda to tell her i know and to comfort her. Hoping this will let her know when she's in labor she can come to me. I read that some cats need reassurance from their closest human that they are safe and cared for.

I have no idea how far along she is, but i know that she is at least 4 1/2 weeks , from what the vet said. She was already showing when she came home around new years. I think she is more like 6-7 weeks. Any way to pinpoint how far along she is? Her pre-pregnancy weight is 4 lbs 13 oz. Now she is 6 lbs 8 oz. She is almost 8 months old. What do u guys think?

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Split the difference between the guesses about how far along she is. Go with 35 days or five weeks and you are safe. She is about half way through her pregnancy. I hope she has only one or two beautiful babies; usually the young ones have fewer babies in the first pregnancy. Hope things work out well for you, grandma!

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
Split the difference between the guesses about how far along she is. Go with 35 days or five weeks and you are safe. She is about half way through her pregnancy. I hope she has only one or two beautiful babies; usually the young ones have fewer babies in the first pregnancy. Hope things work out well for you, grandma!
she feels a little big to be only holdin 1-2.. i hope its just that. we will keep one, and fiance's mom wants one.. after that, idk what we will do with the other babies.. :/ And as far as how far along, she went to charlie's moms on december 1st, so she coulda gotten pregnant anywhere between then and january first. she was gone for one solid month. so, she could be anywhere from 5 - 9 weeks. What are the signs a cat is getting closer to delivery? The only thing i read was things they MIGHT do, like either being totally away and hiding or being very clingy to their human.

LemonGrass

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:omg: have read this thread from the start and I can only imagine the relief you felt after you found out it wasn't cancer but pregnancy..and now the stress of dealing with the pregnancy. I'm not knowledgeable with cat pregnancies (we have a male cat that's fixed) but I wanted to wish you and your cat luck :hug8: Hope all goes well!

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Pregnant moms all go looking for a good spot to have their babies. They also begin overgrooming their bellies, sometimes to the point of removing the hair around their nipples. She may start spending time in her chosen nest spot. She should be eating like a little piggy and drinking water/fluids like a camel. Toward the day she will start looking very moist in the vaginal area and she may start having massive stools and peeing every half hour.

My Maine Coon queen refused her nest box and had her babies inside the cabinet we stored our clean towels with the doors closed. About seven of the other 21 cats we had were sitting outside the cabinet when we got home from dinner staring at the cabinet. That gave her away. She had her second litter in a cat carrier we had stored in the closet; she opened the closet to ge to the carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.