• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

<WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTOS>Need ideas. What I think...and need to know what YOU think! COCKATOO

• Thread starter M.C Bird Rescue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I think she has 6 children, not eight. I have 5 children and multiple birds and I can tell you that having birds and children CAN be done in a safe and wonderful way. As long as the children are educated and obedient, even a troubled bird can find a safe and loving home in a place with children. My birds actually seem to enjoy watching all the activity that children bring to a home.

I hoppe and pray that Sadie settles in and blossoms in her new home! Kudos to everyone that has been involved with Sadie's care!
Though I understand the thread will be closed, I wanted to thank you for saying this, as Ive been trying to rehome several different CAG's the past week or so and Ive been repeatedly declined due to my young children regardless of the fact that I have tought them to respect animals. They are compassionate and educated as to what is and isnt appropriate behavior toward our pets and others so to be declined the opportunity to give a bird a loving home is hurtful :(

Good Post!

Lastly I beleive people outta mind their own business when it comes to Sadie, clearly Crystal and Tanya and even Julie are experienced bird owners, leave it to them.

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
Though I understand the thread will be closed, I wanted to thank you for saying this, as Ive been trying to rehome several different CAG's the past week or so and Ive been repeatedly declined due to my young children regardless of the fact that I have tought them to respect animals. They are compassionate and educated as to what is and isnt appropriate behavior toward our pets and others so to be declined the opportunity to give a bird a loving home is hurtful :(

Good Post!

Lastly I beleive people outta mind their own business when it comes to Sadie, clearly Crystal and Tanya and even Julie are experienced bird owners, leave it to them.

You're welcome:) I know that there are homes where children are not taught respect for animals or the proper way to behave around them. I just wish not all children were lumped in the same category.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I am closing this thread after getting the ok from the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.