• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

<UPDATE>My heart is weary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Re: My heart is weary.

this is great news Natalie, sending continued prayers and positive energy that she will be home safe with you soon

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
That is great! I'll be praying it's Amelia, lots of positive thoughts! :hug8:

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Oh, I hope and Pray that it is Amelia and you have her back in your arms and home today........

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is wonderful news,I hope that she is home with you today.

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Definitely positve news! I surely hopeit is Amelia and she comes home very soon!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I hope it is Amelia! Praying that she can calm down enough to come to you

Deej

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Deena
Please oh please let it be Amelia!!:angel1:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Re: My heart is weary.

*~*~*UPDATE*~*~*
AMELIA HAS BEEN SPOTTED!!! Or at least, I think she has been. I got a phone call really early in the morning, and unfortunately my phone didn't deliver the message until about 5:00 AM (!%$#&^! Verizon is on my crap list this morning!!!). It was from a lady who claimed to have spotted my cat. Said she was on her doorstep and she got a good look at her, had a pink collar on and seemed friendly. But she said when she tried to open the door and catch her, she ran down the stairs and into her neighbor's garage. She said she had received my poster in the mail box and had kept it, and was able to confirm that this was a petite cat with a pink collar that had the snip on her nose and a target-like striping pattern on her side, HAS to be Amelia!

I of course rushed over there this morning and called and called, to no avail :( But, she gave me the address, and the garage WAS slightly cracked, Amelia could have fit under there in a heartbeat. I left a note on the person's door asking about my cat, and left my phone number. Let's hope something come's of it! Maybe that is where Amelia has been staying!
I hope it's Amelia!! :dance4:

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
I bet it is Amelia. Can you set some food out there, to encourage her to stay in the same spot, rather than go wandering in search of food?

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Oh Im so sorry this has happened to you! I have my fingers crossed for you and for Amelia!

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Got a rather disheartening call from the neighbor whose garage Amelia ran into. When I went over to search and call this morning, I left a note with my number. Someone called me from there, and said:
"My cat got out last night. He looks like the cat you described. This was most likely just my cat, sorry."
Because the person who called me stated she saw a pink collar, and this person said their cat is a male, I'm still going to call them back once I'm done with work and head over there and take a look around, just to be sure. I really hope this isn't the case :(

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Definitely go have a look and call her name and listen for a response inside the garage as well as from inside the house. Little Amelia is having herself quite an adventure. :hug5:

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Yet ANOTHER update!!!!

I called the person who originally left the message on my phone about Amelia, and she has most CERTAINLY confirmed it was Amelia. She said when Amelia ran into the garage, she could hear low growls and she wasn't sure if it was Amelia or not, but now assumes that it was the neighbors cat who was out. She once again described Amelia to me in detail (including the little pooch on her belly, her pink collar, and the target striping on her side) and insisted it was my cat, not the neighbors cat. She has also agreed to set food out for Amelia and will keep a look out for her.

I'm really filled with hope, the poster didn't contain any of that specific information about Amelia besides her pink collar, so she MUST have seen her! I'm just dying to get home tonight and go and see if I can find her!

Lex123

I'm so happy! I hope you get her!

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Natalie so hoping for a miracle for you! St Francis please continue to help Amelia get home to Natalie, thank you!

Attachments

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Well, she didn't turn up...I went door to door and handed out flyers and talked with a lot of the neighbors. Most were very pleasant and told me they'd been keeping an eye out for her or had their kids on the lookout when they were out playing. I advised everyone she was most likely very timid and to call me first instead of trying to catch her. I talked with a few who HAD seen her, and were able to confirm that for the past two days she's been in that area and that she still has her pink collar on. It's literally across the road from my house and down a couple houses, so very close! Keeping my fingers crossed, this community really seems to be pitching in to help, lots of people whom I stopped said they had seen my flier and had told people they knew a couple streets over, some even took extra fliers and said they'd hang them up down their road a ways for me, just in case. I'm really hopeful its only a matter of time now!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
This is great news Natalie - hang in there, she's got to be ready to come home, this adventure has lasted long enough

sending continued prayers and positive energy for Amelia's safe return

:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.