• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

( Update #164 ) I need a vet asap! Please help-got one, need prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
How is Buttons, still on the mend? :)

Sunnyside

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Janice
~Buttons Update~

Thanks everyone for caring :o:. Buttons is doing great!!!! She is back to her old stuff but I swear she has more spunk then she has ever had! She also gave me my first real bite! TBH, I am glad that is over with, I have been anticipating it for over a year now. She was pretty angry with me for a few days but she got over it and now her quest in life is to pinch my upper arms and shoulders! I finally understand why people say Scarlets can be nippy, they can be. I feel like I have a different bird, she is so active and vocal now.

Buttons is very happy :) and she is in :heart: with Dreamer boy. Dreamer is not interested in her, not at all. I know this is going to sound weird but I am just coming out with it....Dreamer is gay. He always has been, he was separated from Sailor who was his mate for a few years. They were inseparable and very much in love but since they are 2 males they were separated :(. Dreamer has not found peace since Sailor has been with Mia. It really scares me because Sailor still wants Dreamer but he wants Mia too. This does cause some controversy when all 3 are in the same play area. Dreamer also prefers human men over women. I never thought there was such a thing as a homosexual bird but Dreamer proves to me daily that he is. I really wish they were not separated but they were and now I am trying to find a happy peace between the 3.

I am sorry if I offended anyone, that is not my intent.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
No offence taken! If there is inbalance of genes in our field why should it not be the same with our birds? We are the way we are made and just have to get on with it.:hug8:So happy though that everything is now going the right way.

Pip

Jogging around the block
Buttons is very happy :) and she is in :heart: with Dreamer boy. Dreamer is not interested in her, not at all. I know this is going to sound weird but I am just coming out with it....Dreamer is gay. He always has been, he was separated from Sailor who was his mate for a few years. They were inseparable and very much in love but since they are 2 males they were separated :(. Dreamer has not found peace since Sailor has been with Mia. It really scares me because Sailor still wants Dreamer but he wants Mia too. This does cause some controversy when all 3 are in the same play area. Dreamer also prefers human men over women. I never thought there was such a thing as a homosexual bird but Dreamer proves to me daily that he is. I really wish they were not separated but they were and now I am trying to find a happy peace between the 3.

I am sorry if I offended anyone, that is not my intent.
I have first-hand experience of the very strong bond which can form between two birds of the same sex. Henry and Po are utterly devoted to each other, as bonded as any opposite-sex breeding pair would be. They spend their day feeding and preening each other and completely ignore all other birds. Po used to attack any bird or human who came in the room when he and Henry were out.

This became so bad that I took the decision to rehome him because I didn't have anywhere safe for he and Henry to be out unsupervised yet couldn't supervise them as Po would attack me every time, as in bite me and make me bleed. There was absolutely no way I could separate them and not cause them distress so they were rehomed together with someone I know. Got an update just the other day and they continue to feed and preen each other and hide behind the sofa together!

Anyone who says two males can't bond to the extent a male/female can, think again!

Last edited by a moderator:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I am not offended, I am sad that he has lost his mate. I wonder if a another gay male can be found if he could find happiness again. All I can think of is that beautiful movie, "A Single Man", that Colin Firth starred in. It broke my heart. Love is Love and it is to be cherished no matter where it shows up.

Ginger

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am so happy to hear that Buttons is doing great!!!!!!!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Good to hear Buttons is better. Why do they go for the tender spots? Nip Nip Nip. My BG just grabs an arm or a finger, our scarlet has to pinch the smallest piece of skin. OUCH bite my whole arm please

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
Pip, watching your video was like watching Dreamer and Sailor together! I think the reason they were initially separated was because Dreamer attacked the previous owner when she went in the cage Dreamer and Sailor shared. However, Dreamer didn't attack outside the cage, just in.

Ginger, I feel the same. I think I would of worked with the current situation and not changed it, they are truly happy together. I personally think Sailor would prefer to be with Dreamer but with Mia so hormonal the poor guy is very confused and he is playing both sides of the fence. There is a ton of animosity between Mia and Dreamer now :(. I am hoping they work it out once Mia has her implant in place.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
So glad to hear Buttons is doing so well. :D

hockeymomwood

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ellen
I can vouch that Buttons is doing well! I got to meet her this past Monday and she is beautiful. So is Janice and the rest of her flock!

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
Ellen, we all fell in love with you! I hope you post about Annie B and Molly :heart::heart::heart:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so happy to hear that Buttons is doing so well! It warms my heart to see how sweet Sailor and Dreamer are with each other. :hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
soglad to hear this!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.