• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

( Update #164 ) I need a vet asap! Please help-got one, need prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I'm so happy to read that Buttons was feeling a bit better this morning. I hope tomorrow morning she is even brighter. :hug8:

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
How is little miss Buttons this morning???
I will be sneaking some check-ins from work today....

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Yes hope Miss Buttons is a lot better today? Please put us out of our misery and give us an update when you can.:)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
hope she continues to improve!

Sunnyside

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Janice
Thanks everyone! Buttons is doing good but she is now making a grunting noise when she goes to the bathroom. I also noticed that in her feces the urate part is lacking :confused:. It is really crazy, Buttons looked at me yesterday with such a wild eyes! She is acting like this is the first time she has felt good in a VERY long time, I really would love to know how long that egg was in there. I asked Dr Gold if he could of missed this on her previous visits and he said it is possible. But either way, I know she is feeling a heck of alot better! She started really bouncing back last night and she did play with toys in my bed for a few hrs and I did put her in her regular cage for sleeping last night and I checked on her every hour (more like every 15 mins) and she was good. Now I just have to find out why the grunting and the lack of urate, since she is feeling so good I will call Dr Gold today and see if she can wait for Friday for her follow up appt or if I should take her in today.

But she is doing GOOD! Thanks everyone for all the support! Buttons and I love you all!!! :hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I'm glad she seems brighter and a bit more energetic! That's great news.

Really strange about the urates....let us know what the vet says.

:hug8::hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am so happy to see Buttons is feeling better! Continued good energy coming for her full recovery!:hug8::hug8::hug8:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It is great to hear that she is doing better!

Matt

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Thanks everyone! Buttons is doing good but she is now making a grunting noise when she goes to the bathroom. I also noticed that in her feces the urate part is lacking :confused:. It is really crazy, Buttons looked at me yesterday with such a wild eyes! She is acting like this is the first time she has felt good in a VERY long time, I really would love to know how long that egg was in there. I asked Dr Gold if he could of missed this on her previous visits and he said it is possible. But either way, I know she is feeling a heck of alot better! She started really bouncing back last night and she did play with toys in my bed for a few hrs and I did put her in her regular cage for sleeping last night and I checked on her every hour (more like every 15 mins) and she was good. Now I just have to find out why the grunting and the lack of urate, since she is feeling so good I will call Dr Gold today and see if she can wait for Friday for her follow up appt or if I should take her in today.

But she is doing GOOD! Thanks everyone for all the support! Buttons and I love you all!!! :hug8:

Awww.... :heart::heart:Buttons...:heart::heart:

So happy she is getting better.... I hope Dr. Gold can just check her today... it would make us all feel better....

Just a thought....maybe she's a little dehydrated....Kita's stools got "sticky" for a couple of days with her egg infection... and I increased forcing fluids in her and that improved it... but no grunting noises.

Thanks for the update... keep us posted

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I would take her today if possible, I would be worried about a prolapse. Could there be another egg in there? Did he do an xray? Did he put in stitches? Perhaps she is closed up a little too tight?

Ginger

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am glad Buttons is feeling better. I hope Dr. Gold can anser your questions and all is OK. Keeping you all in my prayers.

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
Janice hasn't posted since 7:30am this morning. I hope that everything is alright with Buttons.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
I also noticed that in her feces the urate part is lacking
=================================

I just read the entire posting to get an idea of what is going on. Please talk to vet as soon as you can about the lack or urates. If the mass had put pressure on the blood vessels to the kidneys, or had blocked the passage of droppings for awhile both can lead to renal/kidney dysfunction, and/or damage. Ask your vet if he can do fluid therapy. This especially necessary if there was any damage to the kidneys, and the lack of urates is a red flag to a problem.

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I have been worried all day.... I hope and pray that Buttons is alright

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Any updates?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Keeping improving Buttons, thanks for the update.:hug8:

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
I know its getting kind of late, but is there anyone that can try to get in touch with Janice? I'll be thinking of her and Buttons tonight :confused:

Sunnyside

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Janice
Sorry to worry you guys. Buttons is fine, I did take her in and he said she is slightly constipated which is normal. He still wants her back on Friday to be safe and I like that since it will be the weekend. I should of posted sooner but I have been watching her like a hawk all day and then I had to do my chores when she went to bed and I just got done. But, everything looks good :)

Ginger, yes he did an xray, no other eggs. I think this egg has been brewing in her for quite some time and when Dr Gold went in there with his fingers and had to manipulate it out, it took longer than he anticipated. She is sore and with her sepsis she still feels a little bad. He assured me this was normal but I worry and I am really really watching her.

Status
Not open for further replies.