• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Unknown wound

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
Are you able to buy a high quality pellet to mix in? Your fresh food sounds great and varied.

Oh no, I'm sorry. I would put quilts all around Chip's areas. What is a feather protector? A collar?
Screenshot_20190830-163509_Google.jpg

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ah interesting. Do you think Chip would cooperate? I can't imagine Gigi would but apparently she has some Amazon in her DNA.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
In leaning towards a nutritional imbalance here for starters, ....which can cause paralysis symptoms to show.
When you took your bird to vet, did he do a viral or disease footprint to determine cause of the suffering and coordination/ perching issues? Tests Such as hematology, fecal smears,
Radiography.
To me it sounds a bit neurological, which can start off slowly and sometimes unnoticeable, but does progress.
I'd get a second vet opinion, but that's just my opinion.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The mix sounds good overall as long as they are getting enough calcium and D3 (which is usually the dietary cause of lack of grip) and Vitamin A. You could add a multivitamin for a few months that contain these items to see if it improves any!

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
The mix sounds good overall as long as they are getting enough calcium and D3 (which is usually the dietary cause of lack of grip) and Vitamin A. You could add a multivitamin for a few months that contain these items to see if it improves any!
Thank you, I got vitamines today. Hope it will work out more.