• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two yr old cage rusting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellas momma

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda
Bellas cage is rusting We have only had it two yrs there is no warranty. I dont have the money to buy her another big cage. It make me so mad I spent all that money on this cage thinking it would last a long time. I need some advice on where I can get her another cage for cheap but a good cage.. Looks like the princess will have to go from her palace to a house.. For I know I cant get another one as big I dont make that kind of money anymore...

avianantics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
What brand is it? I have old California Cages that after 15-20 years still aren't rusty and SS cages. However, my daughter has a HQ cage she purchased for her U2 at a bird show for $300.00+/- about 6 years ago and thus far no rust.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Check on Craigslist you might be able to find a cage someone doesn't need anymore.I've seen some huge cages on there for great prices.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Iv had Nala's HQ Flight cage for almost 5 yrs and its just now starting to rust.Im hoping to be able to buy her a new one next check. So far its only on one of the nuts were she cant reach it,but im still not gonna take the risk.

I would definatly check out,CL. Theres always a ton of GCC size cages on here,that are really nice.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
What brand is it and where is it rusting? Do you still have your receipt?

Ginger

bellas momma

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda
Oahu Oasis This is the cage she has I would love it if I didnt have to down size but i paid 600 for it and I can only spend around 200 now.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
where is it rusting?

I found it here for $400 with free shipping - if it is in an out of the way spot or a place that can be vet wrapped for a short time, you might could save up if you want another one like it

PETCAGES4LESS.com: Oahu Oasis™

bellas momma

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda
The rust is were she cant reach but I dont want to risk it. It is on the wheels and the bolts. There are some spots on the bottom tray also. I do have a recipt problem is I moved in feb. from utah to tenn and all my stuff is still in storage so I have no clue as to were it is. I wrote to were I got it they told me to get some touchup stuff from a hardware store. They also said that if it got wet or humid the cage would rust.. I want be getting another from them..

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Have you seen this ?HQ Flight Bird Cage - Presented by BirdsComfort.com

I have two and love them,I really think the only reason that Nala's has a bit of rust is that is were her water dish is and she takes baths when Im at work,and I think years of that happening finally got to the cage.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Man,its too bad you dont live near me,someone on CL is selling one very similar to what you have.

bellas momma

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda
where is it rusting?

I found it here for $400 with free shipping - if it is in an out of the way spot or a place that can be vet wrapped for a short time, you might could save up if you want another one like it

PETCAGES4LESS.com: Oahu Oasis™

that is were I got it from but i paid 600 two years ago. What is vet wrapped?

bellas momma

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda

bellas momma

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda

*K*J*B*

Real Name
Kylee
I've only had it a few weeks, but so far I love it. For a better review, ask Tielygirl. She is the one who pointed me to it, as she has the same one.

I love the huge door, the play top, the bottom shelf, and all the food cups (4 inside and 2 on top!) Not a single complaint here!

This is the one I will get for my Hahn's when we move and have the space for it. Not sure if the bar spacing is too much for your bird though...

LARGE BLACK VEIN HOUSE PLAY TOP PARROT BIRD CAGES MACAW - eBay (item 300466375496 end time Sep-17-10 09:06:01 PDT)

CrashSmAshley

Real Name
Ashley
I have the HQ flight cage for Simon and love it. So far no rust on mine (that I can see anyways...) I've only had mine since last Christmas too, though

ZIGGYSMOM

Moving in
Real Name
Angela
I don't know exactly where Humboldt is (I'm in Knoxville) but there's a bird fair in Nashville next month. I bought my CAG a HQ cage at a bird fair in Murfreesboro Sunday for 299.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG

bellas momma

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda
I've only had it a few weeks, but so far I love it. For a better review, ask Tielygirl. She is the one who pointed me to it, as she has the same one.

I love the huge door, the play top, the bottom shelf, and all the food cups (4 inside and 2 on top!) Not a single complaint here!

This is the one I will get for my Hahn's when we move and have the space for it. Not sure if the bar spacing is too much for your bird though...

LARGE BLACK VEIN HOUSE PLAY TOP PARROT BIRD CAGES MACAW - eBay (item 300466375496 end time Sep-17-10 09:06:01 PDT)
This is like the one I have now she has had no problem with the bar space I'm not sure if it is the same brand though the wheels look different. I loved it lots of room for her alittle hard to hang toys with just the one door though...

Status
Not open for further replies.