• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tunnel out

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
yep, you are so right!! Budgies are such chickens! I found myself peeling away all the toys they have decided were scary and of course, never ever approached, so now without the toys they have twice as much place, not because the toys took much room, but because the security perimeter around them took much room... :wacky:
As for the travel cage... Pfff... I bought a nice, large, toy one for Pichu, he doesn't like it, probably because is it too enclosed, he prefers the other one but it opens on the top so he doesn't like to have to jump down. So basically I have 2 travel cages and can't use either... :shifty:

IF ONLY the manufacturers made travel cages that are all bars, with a front door panel that OPENS all the way!
Like maybe all sides are 15" wide, and height 18 inches.. but the front door panel swings out all the way on a hinge!
You know the one that mine are FINALLY going in now is a dandy cage, but it would take two of me to lift it since it's so heavy. And seriously, I'm not getting any younger, and I'm not supposed to be lifting anything heavy, so by the time it is cool enough in Texas to go out on the porch with them I won't be able to lift the darn thing. OHHHH if only I could design my own cages! Hey, maybe we could all pool our unused travel cages and go into business LOL!!!

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
well you know, I was planing on designing a DIY pushchair when I had my first kid because we had the same kind of conversations... But those travel cages you are talking about do exist already. Just... The ones I already have aren't like that! Anyway, no need to worry! When sitting with your bird on the porch is cool in Texas, we'll have teletransport devices or robots to do the lifting for us... :lol:

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
This is by far one of the coolest ideas I’ve ever seen! Those are some lucky little birds!!

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Hey! I've been wondering where you were hiding! Long time no see :highfive:
Unfortunately I haven’t been feeling so good :( But I was so happy to come on today and see this great news!

I was just thinking it’s a good thing budgies are terrified of everything- that’s probably why Nova didn’t fly out the door :omg: That would’ve been awful, especially for your son he would’ve felt terrible. Sometimes them being little scaredy cats can be a good thing I guess! :blkcat:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I was just thinking it’s a good thing budgies are terrified of everything- that’s probably why Nova didn’t fly out the door :omg: That would’ve been awful, especially for your son he would’ve felt terrible. Sometimes them being little scaredy cats can be a good thing I guess! :blkcat:
You are right, it is good to know they won't do some things... I never can rely on that with Pichu, although he is a little more careful than Twitter was, those guys always try something new.. I think the budgies were hungry and Merlin was able to fly into their cage through the little door. Nova doesn't know how if she can't land on the edge of the big door first, but the big door was shut.

Unfortunately I haven’t been feeling so good :(
What you mean? Are you sick?? :hug5:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
You are right, it is good to know they won't do some things... I never can rely on that with Pichu, although he is a little more careful than Twitter was, those guys always try something new.. I think the budgies were hungry and Merlin was able to fly into their cage through the little door. Nova doesn't know how if she can't land on the edge of the big door first, but the big door was shut.

What you mean? Are you sick?? :hug5:
I am hoping this is just a temporary short lived 'not feeling good' Kelly! Feel better soon gal. :heart::hug8:
Not really “sick”, but I have kidney stones :bash: Not fun. Going to the Urologist on Monday though. Hopefully they can help me get them out...I guess. Of course, I’m not looking forward to that either lol

But thank you very much for the well wishes!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Not really “sick”, but I have kidney stones :bash: Not fun. Going to the Urologist on Monday though. Hopefully they can help me get them out...I guess. Of course, I’m not looking forward to that either lol

But thank you very much for the well wishes!

You are very welcome - I am sending you good vibes for easy removal, or passing them - UGH, I've heard they can be quite painful. :(

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I just discovered this thread and I love that you made that portal! :xflove: Lucky birdos! :loveshower:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Wow!! Yay Nova!! Look at that confident and happy girl playing! :heart:
I missed Merlin going through, but then I just had to wait for Nova to follow. It's their third time now, I think we can say they got the drill now! :highfive: