• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tumor

Johnny99

Strolling the yard
She has been sitting on the egg a lot looking sleepy. Should I go today? Or wait and see tomorrow.

Johnny99

Strolling the yard
She's very focused on being a mom today.. I feel like I should let her sit today and see how she is tomorrow. Or? Would appreciate some advice..

Johnny99

Strolling the yard
I think the leg has gotten a bit better but not totally sure yet.. she sits on the egg resting/sleeping, making cute little hormonal noises and adjusting herself often. But the problem is, there is egg food in that bowl.. not sure how long I can leave it there for (purchased, not home-made). It looks like her feathers on her chest are a bit wet (and I could see her chest and tummy skin when she was preening), most likely from the egg food.

Johnny99

Strolling the yard
I gave her a nest and put 2 eggs there (both from 2 weeks ago, monday and wednesday) that week and she didn't lay since then so I removed it from the cage in case it would stimulate her, but I didn't throw the eggs away and I also bought replacement ones but today she laid again.. so I put it back and she has 3 eggs there at the moment. Please do you have any advice? She started preening the male a lot again and she is very horny judging from the weird sounds and tail shaking she does but they do not mate due to his disability. They were so good together (by that I mean no eggs) from november until this damn spring came. Should I separate them as a last resort?.. Please someone.