• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Travel Cage Dilemma

vmashley03

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Ok, well it seems to me that you need to get off that credit card and start ordering, girl :laugh: They're not gonna make them any more. HURRY :devil:
I know I know! Charlie has the cards..and she is all over that IGAW website at the moment lol

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Well,Connor deserves a turn and it is his med travel cage that we are talking about :p
Very true! Maybe when he stops being such a stinkbutt

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
I think Connor just needs some retail therapy. We both know how well it works :D

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
IMG_20140331_203408.jpg For anyone considering a pak o bird, get the stainless steel mesh. My medium yellow one has the SS and butthead basically left it alone.

When I got the green small for manu, I thought what kind of damage could a little cheek beak do? I saved a few dollars and got the nylon mesh and you would think that it was made of millet from the way he chewed through it.

In two months I sent it back for repair and $60.00 poorer I had SS, live and learn from my mistake :joyful: ;).

Last edited:

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
View attachment 172355 For anyone considering a pak o bird, get the stainless steel mesh. My medium yellow one has the SS and butthead basically left it alone.

When I got the green small for manu, I thought what kind of damage could a little cheek beak do? I saved a few dollars and got the nylon mesh and you would think that it was made of millet from the way he chewed through it.

In two months I sent it back for repair and $60.00 poorer I had SS, live and learn from my mistake :joyful: ;).
Thanks for the tip. I DID order the SS mesh, so I'm all good!

Wildcard

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Well I had a minor panic attack thinking if I didn't snatch up extras now I might never be able to get them-- and ordered a gold medium and a silver small Kings carriers today. I figure I will cover all the precious metal bases since I have the large in bronze. They are just so well made I decided now or never...

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
Well I had a minor panic attack thinking if I didn't snatch up extras now I might never be able to get them-- and ordered a gold medium and a silver small Kings carriers today. I figure I will cover all the precious metal bases since I have the large in bronze. They are just so well made I decided now or never...
Yay, come drink the Koolaid with us :highfive:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
The kings carriers look so nice but I'm torn between what size I would get. I'm thinking medium because it would be easier to carry but then the large is nice too with so much room. I'm not sure he needs that much room though. I wish I can see two in person, or at least side by side. Does anyone have a medium and large they can post pics next to each other? I also want the pak o bird too, so hard to decide.
I have all three sizes and can post a pic for you when I get home from work in 3-4 hours if you want. The large is a huge back breaker to carry by yourself, but the medium is so much smaller.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I've seen a thread with @gibsongrrrl taking Weeble around in one of these. :)
Weeble's is actually the flying south adventure pack. they don't make them anymore, unfortunately. i was lucky to find mine on CL. I love it because I take her hiking and it is a SS cage, so I feel safer in case I would trip or something. Would hate to squish her little weebly self :xflove:

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
Weeble's is actually the flying south adventure pack. they don't make them anymore, unfortunately. i was lucky to find mine on CL. I love it because I take her hiking and it is a SS cage, so I feel safer in case I would trip or something. Would hate to squish her little weebly self :xflove:
I think I remember the pics. Does it have a yellow cover and I think you were in a redwood forest? I looked everywhere and never found one :o:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I think I remember the pics. Does it have a yellow cover and I think you were in a redwood forest? I looked everywhere and never found one :o:
Yep, that's the one. I would pay a ridiculous amount of money for another if one could ever be located. it's so awesome. Before I got that I used the smallest aluminum kings travel cage in a pet stroller. That is one thing you could do when you get your large one in. I've seen several people modify strollers to accomodate those and the dog crate types. pretty cool. You'll love that large cage.

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
Yep, that's the one. I would pay a ridiculous amount of money for another if one could ever be located. it's so awesome. Before I got that I used the smallest aluminum kings travel cage in a pet stroller. That is one thing you could do when you get your large one in. I've seen several people modify strollers to accomodate those and the dog crate types. pretty cool. You'll love that large cage.
Friday cannot get here fast enough :dance4: :dance4: :dance4:

Love the stroller idea, but I think that would maybe push me over into crazy bird lady status :wideyed:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Will you be walking a lot with the cage? Sorry if this was discussed before (I skipped over some of it), while I love my Kings travel cages, they can get heavy and it wouldn't be my choice of cage to drag around (carrying) for longer lengths of time. I probably also have a picture featuring the medium and large.