• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Training question

BobbyC

Strolling the yard
that does not surprise me about the ukulele, try Jimmy Buffet music too. for some reason birds really tune into it. when Rocky was still alive just putting Jimmy Buffet on the computer had him dancing and be bopping on the top of his cage.
the Iowa rescue has guitar hanging on their art wall. might want to check it out.

http://www.iowaparrotrescue.org/
I'll have to give that a try too!

scoobdoo63

Jogging around the block
Real Name
laurie
I read somewhere that if using a stick to get a bird out , little by little you move fingers up the stick so they get used to them then eventually they will go on your finger..Stormy isn't a too but a teil...I had him since he was a baby so I didn't have that issue but to get him used to me and being on me I put a big bowl of food on my lap for him and I would eat to..I would get on my kindle to. Now if my kindle is n his way he will bite at my hands until I lift my kindle up and then walks under and goes on my shoulder! He also won't go on a finger, it has to be shoulder, forearm or your hand flat palm up..if you offer your finger he will bite at you or walk away..i don't know why either..cute bird you have!! Give yourself time!!