• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toss-A-Caique Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
Haaaaahaaa! :rofl: I play "boomerang bird" with Velvet, my lovie. :fly2:

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott

here's the thing....with someone else in the room i don't think he will keep coming back for more, so it will be a one time thing.....video is pointless i suppose. Flight pic...since i'm doing the tossing, i can *try* setting the camera on flight settings and have someone else shoot. Flight shots are tricky so let's see....

The way I caught my shot was to put the camera on the headboard and take a picture to see where the crackatoo needed to be when the shutter went off then set it to take a delayed picture then it was just toss the crackatoo until I got the timing just right... :) If you can setup a video camera that would be even simpler. Does your fancy shmancy DSLR take video?

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I do like the catapult idea, how long do you think it will take Jack to make it?!?! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
The way I caught my shot was to put the camera on the headboard and take a picture to see where the crackatoo needed to be when the shutter went off then set it to take a delayed picture then it was just toss the crackatoo until I got the timing just right... :) If you can setup a video camera that would be even simpler. Does your fancy shmancy DSLR take video?
:hehe: fancy shmancy ...it does but no autofocus in video mode :eek:
How many tosses till you got that fabulous perfectly focused shot, Scott? :D

I do like the catapult idea, how long do you think it will take Jack to make it?!?! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:hehe::hehe::hehe: he'd want to try it out if he made it....:eek:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG

:hehe::hehe::hehe: he'd want to try it out if he made it....:eek:
ok, then!! let him have a few tennis balls and have at it!! :hehe::hehe::hehe:

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott

A lot :) although I let the camera work out the focus which for the most part it either gets perfect or totally wrong. I took that picture last summer and as I remember it took about a dozen or so shots to get it. Mostly because of the timing of getting the camera to snap when the crackatoo was in frame. Can you have the camera focus on you so the Caique will be slightly in focus for the video? You can also have the camera take a series of shots if yours will do that (mine doesn't). My little Canon surprises me sometimes with the pictures I get. Mine won't focus while the video is running either (nor will it let you zoom while recording unless you hack the firmware in the camera).

hsmoscout

here's the thing....with someone else in the room i don't think he will keep coming back for more, so it will be a one time thing.....video is pointless i suppose. Flight pic...since i'm doing the tossing, i can *try* setting the camera on flight settings and have someone else shoot. Flight shots are tricky so let's see....

OR....:idea:

View attachment 18230
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
For a pic I would set up the camera off to the side and put it on a self timer. Then throw J or C at the correct time and viola you have a pic. I would use a wide angle lens so you can be sure to get them in frame and then you can just crop it later. ;)

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I don't know that my fiddos would be happy with a "toss a conure" version of this game...:D

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Sometimes I toss Squeeky and he loves it!

The Wooden Parrot

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Barbara
I might have to try that with my Tgrey, Gadget. He's fully flighted but has never really shown the ability to fly. I raised him and I know both his hatch mates could fly but Gadget has always seemed a bit odd. If he falls off the sky way ropes and chains he flaps on the way down but his body goes all over the place. I'll try it over the bed to be safe.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I might have to try that with my Tgrey, Gadget. He's fully flighted but has never really shown the ability to fly. I raised him and I know both his hatch mates could fly but Gadget has always seemed a bit odd. If he falls off the sky way ropes and chains he flaps on the way down but his body goes all over the place. I'll try it over the bed to be safe.
yes, that's a good idea! :highfive:

I wouldn't want anyone's bird to get hurt trying this out :eek:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
well my photographer is a novice at flight shots, but here ya go...:D

jojoflyA.JPG

jojoflyB.JPG

jojoflyC.JPG

jojoflyD.JPG

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
he didn't do too bad - those are great shots - JoJo looks like he is GRINNING in all of them!!

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Hey, I will have to try this!

~Tiko~

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tammy
I love it very cute! :heart:

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Awe that is so darn cute ! You'll have to stand in front of the video camera on the computer and get it in action.

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
I play toss-a-budgie, but so far no toss-a-zon. He won't let go of my fingers! He'll wind up hanging upside-down staring at me first, lol!

WaLrUs BrEaTh

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Alex
Omg!! .. I thought maybe I was a bad bird mommy or something .. and was afraid to say that I do the same thing!!

My older Hahn's .. a rehome .. I don't believe ever fledged properly .. he's been flighted for a long time, but hates to fly.

The last few months .. I've really been trying to show him he CAN FLY, so I've been playing "Toss the Hahns" with him.

It's working, just slowly. He's now figured out he can fly .. he's just a bit .. um .. well .. let's just say he's not really graceful nor coordinated in flight. :dunce:

Here's a summary of how it goes:

Squirt: "Step up?" .. <meaning .. "mom, come get me and take me to <insert desired place>" :rolleyes:

Me: "No, you can fly" :rolleyes:

Squirt: "Step up, step up, step up?" .. <a bit louder and said more times>

Me: "No, lazy bird, you can fly"

Squirt: "STEP UP .. <SCREAM> STEP UP <SCREAM>" :glare: :rant:

Me: "Scream all you want, you can fly lazy a$$" :rolleyes2:

Squirt: <first .. banging the heck outta his bell, then grudgingly flying to me or his playstand ... the whole time yelling ''STEP UP, STEP UP, STEP UP!!!" :rant::rant:

Me: "Oh good bird!! Here's a treat!! See you can fly like a real bird!!" :heart: :laughing12:

Squirt: "Shut the heck* up" :yelling: <I DID NOT teach him that one, that's a leftover from his previous home that he screams .. at the top of his lungs .. when he's really ••••ed off>

Me: "Aww, come on, gotta treat for ya!! :heart:

Squirt: <first bites finger, :eek: then takes treat, :rolleyes: grumbling under his beak, while eating treat> .. then says "Good bird, I love you". :rolleyes: :heart:

We do this every day .. :faint:

Sigh
hahahahahaha:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.