• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toss-A-Caique Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
PLease be very careful if you try this activity with a bird that you are not sure will take wing. You could try a gentle toss over a soft bed.

So my two caiques are newish to flying and daily they get more and more daring. Mostly they just wander the ample aerial pathways on foot. Slow going so today I just balled one up and lobbed him in the air! yikes he stayed curled up for the longest time and i thought :omg: he's going to fall like a rock :eek::eek::eek: but phew! he started flapping at the last nanosecond before gravity took over! Then he wanted more!! so we played this game till he got tired. It was FUN!:D

Last edited:

Robin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Sounds real cute, and we sure would love pictures of this game. We want to see.;)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Sounds real cute, and we sure would love pictures of this game. We want to see.;)
i'll have to round up a photographer tomorrow for video :hehe:

drop

I would love to see some pictures. Cody and I play a similar game, except he doesn't wait until the very last second to start flying. Must have been scary to watch the first time :eek:

Funny birds...

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I would love to see some pictures. Cody and I play a similar game, except he doesn't wait until the very last second to start flying. Must have been scary to watch the first time :eek:

Funny birds...
either it doesn't occur to him, Or he likes the sensation of sailing in the air :p
show us the Cody game!

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
It's not quite a Caique but how about the Toss-a-too game? May not be quite the same since she is clipped but she seemed to dig it!

We must have Toss-A-Caique pics/videos!

Attachments

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
I play toss-the-lorikeet sometimes! It's a fun game! The lorikeet approves.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:hehe: Toss-a-bird! I like it :hehe:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:omg: Wow!! That must have been something! I would never be able to do that with either Emma or Sachi.. they hang on tight when they're on me.:o:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
It's not quite a Caique but how about the Toss-a-too game? May not be quite the same since she is clipped but she seemed to dig it!

ah! fabulous picture of the famous Ms Elima!!:dance4::dance4:

drop

Great picture Scott!!

hsmoscout

Oh, this is my favorite game. I would gladly come down to Flordira for the toss a caique championships (and yes, I expect it to be an all expenses paid trip)! :D Can't wait for pics and a vid :dance4: I'll have to try Toss-a-Tiel :huh:

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Omg!! .. I thought maybe I was a bad bird mommy or something .. and was afraid to say that I do the same thing!!

My older Hahn's .. a rehome .. I don't believe ever fledged properly .. he's been flighted for a long time, but hates to fly.

The last few months .. I've really been trying to show him he CAN FLY, so I've been playing "Toss the Hahns" with him.

It's working, just slowly. He's now figured out he can fly .. he's just a bit .. um .. well .. let's just say he's not really graceful nor coordinated in flight. :dunce:

Here's a summary of how it goes:

Squirt: "Step up?" .. <meaning .. "mom, come get me and take me to <insert desired place>" :rolleyes:

Me: "No, you can fly" :rolleyes:

Squirt: "Step up, step up, step up?" .. <a bit louder and said more times>

Me: "No, lazy bird, you can fly"

Squirt: "STEP UP .. <SCREAM> STEP UP <SCREAM>" :glare: :rant:

Me: "Scream all you want, you can fly lazy a$$" :rolleyes2:

Squirt: <first .. banging the heck outta his bell, then grudgingly flying to me or his playstand ... the whole time yelling ''STEP UP, STEP UP, STEP UP!!!" :rant::rant:

Me: "Oh good bird!! Here's a treat!! See you can fly like a real bird!!" :heart: :laughing12:

Squirt: "Shut the heck* up" :yelling: <I DID NOT teach him that one, that's a leftover from his previous home that he screams .. at the top of his lungs .. when he's really ••••ed off>

Me: "Aww, come on, gotta treat for ya!! :heart:

Squirt: <first bites finger, :eek: then takes treat, :rolleyes: grumbling under his beak, while eating treat> .. then says "Good bird, I love you". :rolleyes: :heart:

We do this every day .. :faint:

Sigh

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Omg!! .. I thought maybe I was a bad bird mommy or something .. and was afraid to say that I do the same thing!!

My older Hahn's .. a rehome .. I don't believe ever fledged properly .. he's been flighted for a long time, but hates to fly.

The last few months .. I've really been trying to show him he CAN FLY, so I've been playing "Toss the Hahns" with him.

It's working, just slowly. He's now figured out he can fly .. he's just a bit .. um .. well .. let's just say he's not really graceful nor coordinated in flight. :dunce:

Here's a summary of how it goes:

Squirt: "Step up?" .. <meaning .. "mom, come get me and take me to <insert desired place>" :rolleyes:

Me: "No, you can fly" :rolleyes:

Squirt: "Step up, step up, step up?" .. <a bit louder and said more times>

Me: "No, lazy bird, you can fly"

Squirt: "STEP UP .. <SCREAM> STEP UP <SCREAM>" :glare: :rant:

Me: "Scream all you want, you can fly lazy a$$" :rolleyes2:

Squirt: <first .. banging the heck outta his bell, then grudgingly flying to me or his playstand ... the whole time yelling ''STEP UP, STEP UP, STEP UP!!!" :rant::rant:

Me: "Oh good bird!! Here's a treat!! See you can fly like a real bird!!" :heart: :laughing12:

Squirt: "Shut the heck* up" :yelling: <I DID NOT teach him that one, that's a leftover from his previous home that he screams .. at the top of his lungs .. when he's really ••••ed off>

Me: "Aww, come on, gotta treat for ya!! :heart:

Squirt: <first bites finger, :eek: then takes treat, :rolleyes: grumbling under his beak, while eating treat> .. then says "Good bird, I love you". :rolleyes: :heart:

We do this every day .. :faint:

Sigh
bwahahaha :laughing6:

gotta love that Squirt!!!

p.s. it never even crossed my mind some folks might think I'm a bad parent for tossing a flighted bird :eek::eek::eek:
there goes my carefully cultivated image!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG

magnificent pic Scott!!!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Oh, this is my favorite game. I would gladly come down to Flordira for the toss a caique championships (and yes, I expect it to be an all expenses paid trip)! :D Can't wait for pics and a vid :dance4: I'll have to try Toss-a-Tiel :huh:
:lol: Peanut is a light kid, like Emily....no tossing her...she floats off like a wisp :hehe:
not a hunky chunky caique :p

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG

bwahahaha :laughing6:

gotta love that Squirt!!!

p.s. it never even crossed my mind some folks might think I'm a bad parent for tossing a flighted bird :eek::eek::eek:
there goes my carefully cultivated image!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
a bad parront?!? YOU???? NEVER!!! :D

sounds like a fun game!!

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
The idea of Saroj being "bad" at anything is just not a consideration .. wouldn't even occur to me!!

Yea .. real fun game :rolleyes:

I'm going to have permanent nerve damage in my right index finger from a Hahn's beak constantly being imbedded into it .. esp. when he feels the "toss" coming.

But dang it!! He's flighted!! He will fly, even if it costs me all feeling in my index finger!!!

a bad parront?!? YOU???? NEVER!!! :D

sounds like a fun game!!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
i can't wait for the video of this.
here's the thing....with someone else in the room i don't think he will keep coming back for more, so it will be a one time thing.....video is pointless i suppose. Flight pic...since i'm doing the tossing, i can *try* setting the camera on flight settings and have someone else shoot. Flight shots are tricky so let's see....

OR....:idea:

catapult.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.