• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Funny Moments Thread

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Taco is a major dunker, and will dunk anything and everything -- from pellets and chop to toys.
And he has developed a very...unique way of getting from his food dish to his water bowl.

20180624_203627.jpg

Yeah baby! Work It!
Screenshot_20180721-145332.jpg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Haha! Buzzard has it easy! I have a large rope perch from the front to the back right in front of his bowls. Here's a super zoomed crop of a pic:
20180721_161549.png

Last edited:

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Sherman makes "Pellet stew." :cool8: At first, I thought she might be softening up hard pellets then found them on my wall! Now she has an attached, metal bowl NOT CERAMIC of water just for that. It's right beside her bowl of pellets. Her drinking water is by her "sentinel" perch to stop her from dropping chop in it!
(See Sherman, I can be tricky, too.)

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Haha! Buzzard has it easy! I have a large rope perch from the front to the back right in front of his bowls. Here's a super zoomed crop of a pic:
View attachment 282222
I want to put a perch there for my poor acrobat, but his food dish is bolted so tight to his cage that I just cannot remove it, and it's attached to his door. Makes perch placement hard to figure out. :chin:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Let's see.

Today the dogs started barking and Rio yelled "CRICKET! CRICKET NO!" This is new. She won't do it when hubby is around - it is his voice.

Also Rio laughes like me/with me. Skittles coughs with me. Ernie won't step up unless it's meal time, he thinks he might get spaghetti.

I'll have more. They make us laugh all day.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Oh Ernie & your love of spaghetti! :rolleyes: Hope springs eternal, I suppose. It might be spaghetti & he doesn't want to miss out.

Rio yelled "CRICKET! CRICKET NO!" This is new. She won't do it when hubby is around - it is his voice.
:laughing4: This reminded me of one of @ncGreyBirdLady's thread about Gemini doing other people's voices. The closest I have is when Buzzard came to live with us, one of his sounds was "Woo-WOO!" when he was excited, so we do it to get him excited about things we want him to try. I swear the other day when he did it, it wasn't his usual high-pitched voice, I think he sounded like my woo-WOO. :shocking: He hasn't done it again yet since, so as of now I'm still wondering if I'm crazy.