• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Funny Moments Thread

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
I'm sure every member here on AA can say that their birds have brought lots of joy to their life. For me, my two Budgie boys bring a smile to my face everyday. And these little critters continue to surprise me every day with their outgoing personalities. So I figured I'd created a thread where we share some of the most memorable funny moments by our birds. I know there are probably a lots of these moments for most of you, but why not share just a few of your favorites? I've no idea whether a thread similar to this has been created or not, so please forgive me if there has been one recently.

I'll start with Nico. :) The other day I was sitting down playing with Skittles, who had come wandering out of the cage. I left the cage door open for Nico if he wanted to join. I looked up from Skittles at the cage, saw Nico just chilling on a perch, looked back down. A few seconds later I looked back up again, and....:shocking: There Nico was, relaxing on the top of the cage, at the very egde. Now, the funny part was the way he was sitting there. It reminded me of just someone hanging out on a balcony enjoying the view. It was one of those things that really shouldn't have been that funny, yet it was, if you know what I mean? :laugh: Anyways, moving on... There was also the one time when he was just sitting still on a perch, and all of a sudden he went over, grabbed a toy in his beak, and just started banging it back and forth. It was so sudden and he played with that toy a lot, and looked adorable in the process. :p And lastly, there was the time when the cage door was open and I had brought the food bowl out and attached it to the outside of the cage. The cage door swings out from the side, and I had placed the bowl on the cage door, and... oh, never mind, I’ll just post a picture... I’m horrible at explaining stuff like this.
4C916C28-B1F7-4AD4-9A6C-25111690EBFD.jpeg

The door swings out right to left. Nico was on the side where, if you were to close it, would be the inside side of the door. Anyways, I guess Nico was having trouble getting behind to the other side of the door to the food bowl. He would go out and try to figure it out, and then go back inside and try to look at it from there, then he’d go back out, and he basically repeated this until he figured it out. The thing that was funny to me was the way he was trying to solve the problem. Just I could tell on his face that he was thinking hard on how to get to the food bowl. He was like a little detective, though maybe not the best one. :wacky:

Next up, Skittles. Ahh, so many! But I'll only choose a couple. Well, there are the times when Skittles will just start breaking down into a little head-bob dance. :D This always brings a smile to my face. And then there's when he'll be going back in his cage, and he'll climb to the top of the cage and just hang upside down for a few seconds, and then goes back to normal, acting like nothing even happened. :smuggrin: AND one time I let him run around and eat out of the big seed bin for a few minutes. He was VERY happy then. The best way to describe the way he reacted was like a kid jumping into a ball pit, LOL. And overall just the way he runs on the cage top. Whenever he wants something, or he's coming over to make a leap onto my shoulder, he will come waddling over, quickly. I just love his little waddles. :xflove:

I will leave it at this many for now. I'll probably be back to post some more soon, but it is early in the morning here and I still haven't slept. Hopefully I can fall to sleep soon and wake up to start my day off great with my fellow AA member's funny bird moments. :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Jason my Senegal is a comedian. We worked hard to teach him to say never more. It is so funny to hear him say it.
Well one time he was sitting in his cage just chatting away. Then I hear Jason's a good boy, Never more, bwahahaha. The laughter at the end sounded so maniacal. I nearly fell over laughing.

Another time we were trying to teach him to whistle Jingle bells. It was just not working. Then one day I hear him whistle the jingle bells, jingle bells part and then he paused for a moment. He inserted a wolf whistle, then another pause then he whistled the jingle all the way part. He has never whistled any part of jingle bells since then.

lyx

Sprinting down the street
Skittles and Nico sound so adorable! I bet they're so funny :lol:
I love just watching my two, they make me laugh all day. I think Budgies are such little characters, you could just sit and watch them interact with their toys or with eachother and its so cute and funny. My Teddy waddles when she runs to, she's very clumsy though :hehe:

My laptop is at the repair shop as it completely died so I don't have access to any photos but I uploaded this onto youtube off my phone because I think it perfectly sums up Teddy.. :rolleyes:

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
Skittles and Nico sound so adorable! I bet they're so funny :lol:
I love just watching my two, they make me laugh all day. I think Budgies are such little characters, you could just sit and watch them interact with their toys or with eachother and its so cute and funny. My Teddy waddles when she runs to, she's very clumsy though :hehe:

My laptop is at the repair shop as it completely died so I don't have access to any photos but I uploaded this onto youtube off my phone because I think it perfectly sums up Teddy.. :rolleyes:

Aww, Teddy, you’re so freakin cute! I love how he’s having so much fun with a little pink string! :hehe: I wish my boys went crazy with a little string; it’s the cutest thing. And I can see how spoiled your birdies are with all their play things. :D Thanks for sharing! :)

VantCors

Strolling the yard
Before hormones forfeited his right to bells, Spinnaker had a chain with wooden blocks on, and a bell on the bottom, hanging near the side of his cage. Once he was done manically attacking it, he would hold the chain with one foot, the cage bar with the other foot, and set the bell on his head like a hat, so it would give him skritches! And he would do this over, and over, and over... :roflmao:

lyx

Sprinting down the street

Aww, Teddy, you’re so freakin cute! I love how he’s having so much fun with a little pink string! :hehe: I wish my boys went crazy with a little string; it’s the cutest thing. And I can see how spoiled your birdies are with all their play things. :D Thanks for sharing! :)
Haha I know they're obsessed they're both obsessed with that pink string! I only bought it to hang a perch up above their cage but they loved the string so much I just let them play with it sometimes :lol:
Ah thank you :D they're not nearly as spoiled as I'd like, I do the best I can on a budget but they get bored easy so I try to keep up with them :rolleyes:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Love those stories! Great idea for a thread.
My fids bring so much joy to me, but Fëanor cracks me up so much when Fëanor is excited. He literally jumps around, he makes silly faces back at me, he runs up to my chest and crawls all over my hair and inside my shirt, though the things I love most of all is when we play with balls. I have tried to get on video but it is so difficult to play woth him and hold my phone! He chases them all around and is so happy when doing it, And usually I am nearly out of breath from laughing. He likes for me to cup my hand and roll a little ball around in it while he sits on my other hand and tries to get it.
When I am making toys, Fëanor gets things and takes them with him. Sometimes he steals things from Henkie too, it’s hilarious. He grabs it in his feet and flies off to enjoy it somewhere else lol!

Henkie is a very vocal bird, I never really noticed that because I assumed it was normal, but with almost every word I say to him he has an answer. Sometimes I tell him something, and the faces and noises he makes are just brilliant. When he is trying to do something and it doesn’t work, he switches to force and bangs his toy or whatever around like he is out of control, and when I laugh at him I get the evil eye.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
How did I miss this thread? Hysterical! :rofl:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Kamara has an extreme love-hate relationship with mangoes, in that whether or not she likes them depends on the hour, her mood, and the phase of the moon. Taco, on the other hand, is a mango fiend who would journey through heIl and high water for a piece.
Apparently Kamara has become aware of that fact, because an hour ago I dropped a mango chunk in her bowl, and she scooped it up, held it out through the bars of her cage, and started going "Taco...Taco...yum..." while staring straight at him.
It was the first time I've heard her speak in context, and I didn't even know she'd learnt his name! I couldn't stop laughing for so long.

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
Haha, I have so enjoyed getting to read all these stories! :rofl: I would’ve replied sooner but I stopped getting notifications. Gotta hate when that happens. :shifty:

How did I miss this thread? Hysterical! :rofl:

And perhaps now if is your turn to give us a few stories? :D I’m sure we’d all love to hear them; I certainly would.

Just a few days ago I had the cage door open. Skittles was out on top, snacking on some seed. Nico remained inside, but he seemed like he was trying to find a way to get to Skittles without actually coming out. He actually climbed onto a toy and used it as like a climbing rope. When he reached the very top of the inside of the cage, he grabbed on to the roof of it and just started walking upside down. Nico has never hung upside down on the cage, let along walked upside down, so I was really surprised and it was a prettty funny to see, too. :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Burnt has a fascination with hair. He knows the only easy way for him to get at it is to be on the shoulder which he knows he is not supposed to do, when we try to stop him by asking him to climb on the other hand he growls as he steps on to the other hand. He has also learnt that he can get to the shoulder really easy by flying to you when your back is turned, you are bent over or have both hands full. When he does manage to land on your shoulder or back he sounds happy with a "huh" or "hmn" type sound but the best is when he gets hold of a hair tie when he does this as he then giggles, sometimes an excited type and sometimes rather menacing.
He also barks like a little dog when I let the dog in or out which he has now started doing to the cat when he sees her.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Gracie does a few small things but nothing outrageous. If you open any and I mean ANY kind of bad around her she thinks it's for her and will like all over you like a jungle gym even if she was already eating. She gets so excited she vibrates even if its not for her. When my husband has his chips and salsa she gets all happy and chirpy when she sees the bowl. Even before he pours anything in the bowl she jumps on the rim waiting for her chips. It's the cutest thing.

Bo waits for me when I get up for work and we chat with each other playing with his toys. He still is very leery of me touching him so we just talk and I get butt wags from him.

Mali

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christina
Oh my these are great:coffeescreen:

All of mine are comedians in their own way so it's hard to pick one, though I have to say some of my favorites is when it seems they are holding conversations with each other..

Apple my GCC will say " Hey, c'mere"
Loki my cockatiel responded with " you're a pretty bird"
Apple " Thank you"

Tjena my other cockatiel likes to mix her songs together so we get an interesting mashup of happy and you know it, pink panther and Adam's family. When she does it (yes she is a she) I have started saying "remix" to which Loki has only caught on to the mix part so he will usually reply with " Pretty, pretty pretty pretty...mix'

My budgies are not tame, but there antics always bring a smile to face with their antics

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I missed this thread somehow too! Waffle makes us laugh so much, we call him/her our little feathered puppy. :)
Waffle will roll around with a foot toy and wrestle it like a puppy, then just sometimes ends up rolling right on to the floor or my lap and it doesn't even phase our little one!
When Waffle gets to the floor and walks around, we call it the Patented Waffle Waddle and it looks so funny!
The other day Waffle fell into the kitchen sink and couldn't figure out how to get back out because the sink is ceramic and very slippery. It was a long period of very determined scritches to try to climb out, rest, and then try again. S/he didn't get upset at all, just very determined, until I came to the rescue!
This morning Waffle fluttered to a new part of the living room, got scared, and sat in my shoe squawking until I came over to pick Waffle up. Then wanted lots of scritches after the little independent adventure was over. :laugh:
I wanted a GCC because I know they are such acrobats/clowns, and Waffle does not disappoint!

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
The conures are so in love. They do everything together. They eat together, sleep together and even bathe together.
:omg: One stretched his wing, so the other did, too.
They can't be more than a foot apart. The other day one was on the standing outside of the cage and the other hanging upside down on the inside!

Ilse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Em
Rockie loves loves LOVES to pick off my plate when I have dinner. I try not to let her get anything unless I offer it but when my back is turned that girl RUNS LIKE A LITTLE MANGO HORSE! She always climbs out of her cage and gives you a look while she reaches her neck over to the place as if to say, "If you don't feed me, I will!"
So silly, I love birds!