• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The budgie situation

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cute little guy :) He's awfully still, though.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Aww, it looks like he's taking a nap. :) My birdsitter just checked on my bird and he's napping too. :) Siesta time!

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Am I the only one that's seeing a little bit of tail bobbing with his breathing? (Don't want to be a fear-monger though!)

Our family is partial to food names... We have Rhubarb, my sister's dog is Green Bean and my brother has a dog named Pepper. :D

Last edited:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
That's so cool that we can watch him like that. Looks like he's currently just chilling out. :heart:
thanks! Will make me worry a bunch less while I am at work. He just seems tired after his big life change. I've only noticed him doing the bobbing thing when he's trying to sleep, so hopefully that is just a balance thing and not an indicator that something is off. his eyes and nares are nice and clear.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
@JosienBB he hasn't moved since I left him. I had him up late last night, so hopefully he's just tired.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Am I the only one that's seeing a little bit of tail bobbing with his breathing? (Don't want to be a fear-monger though!)

Our family is partial to food names... We have Rhubarb, my sister's dog is Green Bean and my brother has a dog named Pepper. :D Our next pet will probably be a dog called Mr. Pickles or Neapolitan Ice Cream (depending on the breed) or a cockatoo named Marshmallow or Flour.
no, i noticed it too. wasn't doing that when he's alert though.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
would you all take him in to the vet tomorrow or wait until saturday? can't decide on that. going to call them and see if they have something for tomorrow in case. just don't know if I should give him a few days to adjust or just go ahead and do it now.

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
i just set up a free account on ustream and use my laptop. I have a nicer webcam than the built in one, but couldnt find it this morning. Works pretty well and it's free!

missbellatrix11

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Bobbi
i just set up a free account on ustream and use my laptop. I have a nicer webcam than the built in one, but couldnt find it this morning. Works pretty well and it's free!
Is it just free the one month?

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
dang, he is hungry!

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
may have changed since i signed up but they didn't make me pay

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Do you have any music or anything on for him? I'm wondering if being used to all the noise of the pet store if it's quiet where he is now is adding to his nervousness?

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I was going to put on a radio and totally fogot:facepalm: will have other half hook him up. I was going to put him in the dining room, but was worried it would be too much stimulation for him. Ended up putting him in our 6x8 laundry room where it is warmer and quiet. Don't worry though, we don't use dryer sheets, fabric softener or any detergents with perfumes. Just all natural unscented stuff, so no smells. Thought he might eat better if we weren't around also. The guest room is right next to my birds and I didn't want to put him that close to them.