• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Thank you for such an informative forum

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hello and Thank You, this is such an amazing and informative forum. I live in Southern New England and have raised many parrots that I have adopted over the years; including two Blue & Gold Macaws (Paco & Sydney), a Yellow-Naped Amazon (Gretal), an Umbrella Cockatoo (Sasha), two Blue-Crown Conures (Lucy & Ricky), African Grey Congo (Simon), Senegal (Kiwi), Canary (Socrates) and a very special Cockatiel (Ruby) to mention just a few. Currently I am owned by a six year old female Severe Macaw - "Molly". Who, besides my family is the love of my life. I have worked for over twenty years in the pet-store industry and zoos, then moved up to a position as a Veterinary Technician for a Board Certified Internal Medicine Veterinarian - specializing in Gastroenterology, I worked here as a senior vet tech for over ten years. I took a hiatus from all the animals for four years and purchased and ran a liquor store. But soon found out my calling was in medicine. So I went back to college in 2008 and hopefully God willing, I will be graduating in just shy of four weeks with my RN license. I also, volunteer some of my time with a local Parrot Sanctuary, currently we have over 70 birds from parakeets and tiels all the way to the other end of the spectrum with Green-Wings and Scarlets. Even though I have had a bit of experience with birds, I am still and always will be learning so much. Times change and so does the science of husbandry. So I intend to be snooping around and learning what I can, and maybe, just maybe - I will make an appearance and share something new. Thank you again for allowing me the opportunity to be part of this site and forum and I look forward to years of new friendships and education. :)
Welcome!!!

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would love if someone can direct me in the correct direction for accurate information on owning and living with rare breed parrots; specifically Hawk-Heads, Black Palms, and Hyacinths. Not looking to become a collector or hoarder. But have always dreamed of being owned by one of these three breeds. Do any of you currently or have in the past live with any of these breeds of majestic parrots...???
I'm pretty sure Hyacinths are popular on here.

Cara

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
Welcome, neighbor! I'm in SE Massachusetts. Sorta near Cape Cod.

vmashley03

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
:hood: Molly looks so adorable! Hope you enjoy reading about/learning about everyone's fids!