• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Thank you for such an informative forum

Scott&Molly

Moving in
Real Name
Scott
Hello and Thank You, this is such an amazing and informative forum. I live in Southern New England and have raised many parrots that I have adopted over the years; including two Blue & Gold Macaws (Paco & Sydney), a Yellow-Naped Amazon (Gretal), an Umbrella Cockatoo (Sasha), two Blue-Crown Conures (Lucy & Ricky), African Grey Congo (Simon), Senegal (Kiwi), Canary (Socrates) and a very special Cockatiel (Ruby) to mention just a few. Currently I am owned by a six year old female Severe Macaw - "Molly". Who, besides my family is the love of my life. I have worked for over twenty years in the pet-store industry and zoos, then moved up to a position as a Veterinary Technician for a Board Certified Internal Medicine Veterinarian - specializing in Gastroenterology, I worked here as a senior vet tech for over ten years. I took a hiatus from all the animals for four years and purchased and ran a liquor store. But soon found out my calling was in medicine. So I went back to college in 2008 and hopefully God willing, I will be graduating in just shy of four weeks with my RN license. I also, volunteer some of my time with a local Parrot Sanctuary, currently we have over 70 birds from parakeets and tiels all the way to the other end of the spectrum with Green-Wings and Scarlets. Even though I have had a bit of experience with birds, I am still and always will be learning so much. Times change and so does the science of husbandry. So I intend to be snooping around and learning what I can, and maybe, just maybe - I will make an appearance and share something new. Thank you again for allowing me the opportunity to be part of this site and forum and I look forward to years of new friendships and education. :)

Scott&Molly

Moving in
Real Name
Scott

I know a bit about birds but not much about computers, LOL - Let's see if this works. If not please delete. It's my attempt to show you a video I posted last night onto my Facebook account of Molly destroying her first ever sugar pumpkin.

She had just had a bath prior to taking of this video, the rationale for her coloring. She is so beautiful, playful, and loves all the attention I can give her. Unfortunately, no one else can get close to her. Maybe in time. We've only just adopted her a few short months ago.

Scott&Molly

Moving in
Real Name
Scott
I would love if someone can direct me in the correct direction for accurate information on owning and living with rare breed parrots; specifically Hawk-Heads, Black Palms, and Hyacinths. Not looking to become a collector or hoarder. But have always dreamed of being owned by one of these three breeds. Do any of you currently or have in the past live with any of these breeds of majestic parrots...???

Scott&Molly

Moving in
Real Name
Scott
Thank you TMS for the insight, I will attempt to change my settings and will I need to repost or will changing my settings allow you to view the video...???

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not sure, you might have to repost. I upload my videos to youtube, it's much easier to share that way :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome and enjoy the site!

Matt

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Welcome and I sure enjoyed seeing Molly as Severe's are one of my favorite mini macaws. Just a note about venacular....the different birds would be species vs breeds as you see in dogs.

I do not own any of the birds you mentioned but have friends that own all the ones you mentioned. As mentioned there are people who have hawk heads (look at the pictures in some of the signatures), there are a few that have the big blue guys , Hys, and then a couple with palms. All are very nice birds. Best to you in finding the one that matches you and your life as each of us have done.

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Glad you joined us, and for helping with the rescue. I am glad you are following your dream.

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Welcome. This place is great