• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tarantula molting

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Thank you for taking the time Amanda! :hug8:
The Mexican red knee is especially Gorgeous! Does it like to make webs?

I think I remember seeing a black and purple tarantula, but I can't find anything like it when I do a search. Have you ever heard of such a thing?
:heart2:
Mexican red knees can web, but they're not known to be frequent webbers.

There's a few arboreal tarantulas that have purple hues I can think of, most nothing as vibrant as many of the blue colored species out there. Purple tree spiders are one. And ornamental tarantulas are beautiful (but they're not solid black or really purple). Singapore blue, French Guayanan blue fang, and cobalt blue tarantulas are known for their striking blue colors.

For some reason, I never saved any good pics of my blue spiders :(

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My brother had a red knee named Sondra. She was beautiful. :heart: All your spiders are gorgeous.

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
:heart2:
Mexican red knees can web, but they're not known to be frequent webbers.

There's a few arboreal tarantulas that have purple hues I can think of, most nothing as vibrant as many of the blue colored species out there. Purple tree spiders are one. And ornamental tarantulas are beautiful (but they're not solid black or really purple). Singapore blue, French Guayanan blue fang, and cobalt blue tarantulas are known for their striking blue colors.

For some reason, I never saved any good pics of my blue spiders :(
The one I remember looked black, but had purple "accents" for the lack of a better word. :facepalm: Now that I think about it, it could have been a black light that made me think I saw purple... This was roughly 15 years ago in a family pet store that has since burned down.