• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tarantula Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnyluver

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
:eek: Do they ever get loose in the house?

Brooke

Real Name
Brooke
Why did I click on this? I have the creepy crawlies now, I can FEEL them crawling on my skin. Eeek! How do you do that?
I heard from somewhere that the average person eats 8 spiders a year in their sleep, and you have 160 of them? Oh my goodness... I would have a panic attack haha

PrettyInInk87

Walking the driveway
Hahaha! I had a tiny baby escape but I have no clue where he is. Thankfully it was a species that doesn't have a nasty bite. I'm not afraid of them and think they are ver beautiful and fascinating creatures. It also could be less since I've sold some of the babies. All of the larger Ts have names too.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343923821.910353.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343923934.076125.jpg

Gabbie

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
erg..but they are beautiful..tell me, do they have different personalities?

PrettyInInk87

Walking the driveway
Of like to say they have different temperaments. Some are skittish, some are very quick, and others are defensive. They aren't like puppies and kittens. They do their thing without needing to be interacted with.

Gabbie

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OMG! I LOVE tarantulas!!!!! Yours are amazing!!!! :heart: I had a Rosie for many years. She passed away 3-4 yrs ago. I did not know her age when I got her. Her name was Baby. The Rosies are supposed to be docile? NOT mine! She was crabby. Did not like to be held. I loved her anyway. My bro had a Mexican Red Leg many years back. Her name was Sondra.

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
People probably think I'm insane but I think the little babies are cute and the adults (some species anyway) are beautiful.

I have no idea how on earth anyone can keep that many of anything though, but I suppose they are easier to clean up after than most species?
How often do they need to eat and is it hard to keep whatever environment you keep them in clean?

PrettyInInk87

Walking the driveway
G. roseas can be docile but they ate pretty much bipolar. My girls can be calm but out of nowhere threat pose.

They are VERY easy to care for. They eat once a week. Once you have their enclosures set up you are good for a while. There are arboreal Ts and terrestrial Ts.

Gabbie

PrettyInInk87

Walking the driveway
Thanks! Didn't think I'd get any love in a parrot group. ;) Lol!

Can someone direct me to the classifieds section?

Gabbie

Ming-Ming

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
Neat!
I like looking at them but honestly I don't think I could own one. They are beautiful and fascinating but still creep me out! lol

AmberMuffinz

Avenue Veteran
My face as I scrolled down the thread: :eek: :scared3::scared2:

As long as they're just pictures and not actually in my house, they are pretty neat looking, especially the babies.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
There was a live tarantula exhibit at a local museum. I was in heaven. I was there for 3 hours, taking close to 100 photos.
There's a show in NYC where people can handle Tarantulas, but that's 4 hours from me, one way. Boo!
Baby escaped once while I sill lived at home. I did not tell my mother for years, well after Baby was gone.

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
160 of them?!?! (Gulp) Wow. They are beautiful! Do they take a lot of time and care? Do they ever bite you? How long do they live? Do they know you? I know so little about these creatures. But as I grow older, I am learning to appreciate all living things, much more than I did before. :heart:

mimisaur

Real Name
Bec
I have an extreme phobia of spiders... just seeing a spider in real life makes me tear up, panic and start sweating, lol.

I don't mind viewing them on the computer though!

I think they are gorgeous, very cool looking... wouldn't want them within a mile of me, but still, very pretty. :'D

PrettyInInk87

Walking the driveway
You had a baby T? What species?

They are VERY easy to care for and don't take much of my time. I feed them once a week and the only ones that are a pain are the 120 babies when I need to feed and mist them. So tedious getting the tiny crickets in the small containers. I also keep and breed crested geckos. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343973532.042841.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343973541.489798.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343973590.408978.jpg

Gabbie

Status
Not open for further replies.